Thread: How to transfer images from Android phone to Ubuntu laptop using Bluetooth?

Beans

How to transfer images from Android phone to Ubuntu laptop using Bluetooth?

Hi,
    I would like to transfer pictures from my Android phone to Ubuntu 16.04 laptop, but on Android phone there is message that there is no Bluetooth device found.

On Android phone I have turned on Bluetooth and also checked device to be visible. On Ubuntu laptop I have turned Blueotooth to On and set Visible to On.
    On Ubuntu on top (status bar) I clicked on Bluetooth icon and selected "Bluetooth settings". On botton I clicked on "+" sign to start searching device. Device is dispalyed after few seconds. I clicked "Send Files" icon and I can successfully transfer file from Ubuntu laptop to Phone.

But now to the problem. How to transfer picture from Android phone to Ubuntu? In Android device I clicked on Gallery to display images. I clicked on one of the image and clicked Share and selected Bluetooth. But phone after several minutes reports no Bluetooth device found. On Ubuntu laptop I have double clecked Bluethooth is On and Visible is On.

I tried with another Android phone. And transfer from Ubuntu phone to Android phone No. 2 also works without a problem. But on Android No. 2 phone I also can't transfer images to Ubuntu laptop. So the same problem as with Android No. 1 phone.

How to transfer pictures from my Android phone to Ubuntu 16.04 laptop? Is there something else I have to turn-on on Ubuntu laptop or on Android phone?

Thanks
    Last edited by abcuser; May 7th, 2017 at 09:37 AM.