Thread: Petition: Make KDE Plasma the default desktop for Ubuntu 18.04 instead of GNOME Shell

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Petition: Make KDE Plasma the default desktop for Ubuntu 18.04 instead of GNOME Shell

Acer Aspire 3 A315-21 with pre-installed Endless OS & Ubuntu 22.04 in dual boot
    Linux Registered User #395189
    Ubuntu user number # 345

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Petition: Make KDE Plasma the default desktop for Ubuntu 18.04 instead of GNOME S

I like KDE but I do not believe it is going to happen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Petition: Make KDE Plasma the default desktop for Ubuntu 18.04 instead of GNOME S

It's a ney from me. My experience with KDE5 is it still unstable (buggy) and needs a lot of iron out before it should considered as a candidate for the ubuntu throne.
    I think it should just stay as kubuntu for those who want it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Although it would make a bigger ISO i personally like Debians way of doing things, choose your DE at install. That being said Ubuntu has always been Gnome of some sort, likely won't change regardless of petitions or anything.

Beans

My opinion is Ubuntu is going down the drain so it doesn't matter which DE it uses.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by russkyca View Post
    My opinion is Ubuntu is going down the drain so it doesn't matter which DE it uses.
    Please let's keep the thread on topic, which is about DE, to avoid any unwanted derailments.