Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: question about website and laws

if we summarized in one word: is not prohibited
    is it correct?
    Correct!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by behzadn View Post
    i was curious whether install non-free software on linux in this site is prohibited?
    such as installing office with wine
    if we summarized in one word: is not prohibited
    is it correct?

thanks for the clarification
    So long as you don't ask for or post advice about installing pirated software or circumventing license requirements, etc.

Why don't you just come out with your actual questions? If there's anything objectionable we will let you know.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vasa1 View Post
    So long as you don't ask for or post advice about installing pirated software or circumventing license requirements, etc.

Why don't you just come out with your actual questions? If there's anything objectionable we will let you know.
    Because the an other ubuntu site remove posts related to non-free software
    even clean up any training
    i ask whay do that they said because this link:
    https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-...important.html
    but they said we're trying to follow the official ubuntu site

this is the reason i ask this site

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I will say this again: We are not associated with other Ubuntu or Linux help forums. What they do or do not do/allow has no bearing here.

Richard M Stallman does not direct the activities of the Ubuntu Forums. There is no reason at all to worry about what RMS says. "Non-Free Software" is not a concern here, unless it is illegal or suggests illegal activity. There is, in fact, no reason to worry about every little thing Mark Shuttleworth has to say. If you would like to say Mark has made some serious mistakes and you do so politely and thoughtfully, you may go ahead and do so. I do.

So long as you follow the Ubuntu Forums Rules, your question will be considered valid. If it is found to be in conflict with those rules, we will remove it from public view and inform you why. Sometimes the problem is not the question asked, but the manner or language used. We expect people to be polite and use family-friendly language.

And I have to ask again: What "official Ubuntu site"?
    Last edited by QIII; April 17th, 2017 at 06:26 PM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    I will say this again: We are not associated with other Ubuntu or Linux help forums. What they do or do not do/allow has no bearing here.
    they say they are followers of this site. that is why i ask you. i'm not saying you'll do it. they said so, I ask you

Richard M Stallman does not direct the activities of the Ubuntu Forums. There is no reason at all to worry about what RMS says.
    i thought this post relevant to official gnu philosophy
    if it does not i have no problem with that

So long as you follow the Ubuntu Forums Rules, your question will be considered valid. If it is found to be in conflict with those rules, we will remove it from public view and inform you why
    to clarify i did not say you do something wrong. i asked because of their claim and your answer was clear to me

i
    sometimes the problem is not the question asked, but the manner or language used. We expect people to be polite and use family-friendly language.
    i did not want to be rude. If you see such a thing i apologize

I
    And I have to ask again: What "official Ubuntu site"?
    ubuntu .com! is not clear?!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

AskUbuntu is not associated with ubuntu.com.

As for the rest, you have been answered.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

@behzadn, since you have been well answered, it's time to close this thread.

Thread closed.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12