Thread: GTK Themes issue

Beans

GTK Themes issue

Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum. I downloaded some themes and most of them don't "work" well. In some cases there is no spacing between tab titles inside a window, and no border between ON/OFF switches. I will attach some screenshots
    Thanks in advance.
    Elia Tancredi.
    Schermata del 2017-03-23 20-30-53.jpgSchermata del 2017-03-23 20-31-07.jpg

Beans

Re: GTK Themes issue

The theme you use must be made for the version of libgtk-3 used by your version of Ubuntu. If not, you get little glitches like the crowded menu titles.

Find libgtk-3 version:
    Example: This OS needs themes made for gtk 3.14:
    Code:
    dmn@Sydney:~$ dpkg-query --list libgtk-3*
    Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
    | Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
    |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
    ||/ Name                              Version               Architecture          Description
    +++-=================================-=====================-=====================-========================================================================
    ii  libgtk-3-0:amd64                  3.14.13-0ubuntu1      amd64                 GTK+ graphical user interface library
    ii  libgtk-3-bin                      3.14.13-0ubuntu1      amd64                 programs for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
    ii  libgtk-3-common                   3.14.13-0ubuntu1      all                   common files for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
    When finding themes from external sources, it's important to check the gtk support on the theme's web page.

Beans

so not every theme is compatible with my gtk version right? i have gtk 3.20, one of this themes causing glitches is Arc, it's quite famous, but i couldn't find a version with 3.20 compatibility online...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thread moved to Desktop Environments, for technical support.

(Art & Design is not a support area.)
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by elitancre View Post
    so not every theme is compatible with my gtk version right? i have gtk 3.20, one of this themes causing glitches is Arc, it's quite famous, but i couldn't find a version with 3.20 compatibility online...
    What release of Ubuntu are you using ?
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors