Thread: Vault 7 (HIVE) Hack for Linux

Beans

Question Vault 7 (HIVE) Hack for Linux

Is Ubuntu vulnerable to this?

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/#HIVE
    CPU:AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52*slot: Socket S1,1600MHz*RAM: DIMM DDR2 667 MHz X 2 1GB*HDISK: Western Digital ATA Disk (320GB)*video: nVidia Geforce Go 6150 clock: 66MHz*wifi: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311
    eth0: nVidia MCP51

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Vault 7 (HIVE) Hack for Linux

States, with their vast resources, can do many things -- including hacking Linux. However, it is extraordinarily unlikely that they are going to be concerned about hacking your collection of downloaded cat images.

You would be much better served concerning yourself with what criminals and thieves are doing.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by QIII View Post
    However, it is extraordinarily unlikely that they are going to be concerned about hacking your collection of downloaded cat images.
    An envy person at the gov. I have a rather large lol-cat collection you know

Beans

States, with their vast resources, can do many things -- including hacking Linux. However, it is extraordinarily unlikely that they are going to be concerned about hacking your collection of downloaded cat images.

You would be much better served concerning yourself with what criminals and thieves are doing.
    After I clear all the noise here, it appears the answer to my question is- yes.
    CPU:AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52*slot: Socket S1,1600MHz*RAM: DIMM DDR2 667 MHz X 2 1GB*HDISK: Western Digital ATA Disk (320GB)*video: nVidia Geforce Go 6150 clock: 66MHz*wifi: Broadcom Corporation BCM4311

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

The answer is: Those specific things? Who knows. Can States in general do such things? Yes.

There being no support question here, moved to Recurring.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

The answer is: Those specific things? Who knows. Can States in general do such things? Yes.

There being no support question here, moved to Recurring.
    I'm asking with respect to the most recent published information. Other platforms have announced patches. I was just curious if there are patches planned for the Linux Kernel.