Thread: Canon MF3010 prints black page instead of clear PDF

Beans

Canon MF3010 prints black page instead of clear PDF

Hello.

I have Canon MF3010 directly connected (USB) to my 32-bit Kubuntu and I am trying to print PDF file - nothing but black page. Not every PDF file is printed like that. I guess only those editable but I am not sure if this is somehow related. Some PDFs are printed well, others are not. I tried installing cups-pdf, then I was creating PDF file anew but it didn't work either. Cups service restarted several times. I can't see proper options to modify in cupsd.conf file which could help here.

But - when I checked RASTERIZATION in PDF print options I could see text but the page was still black around. Has this something to do with the fact that this is Canon and PDF is editable? I'm trying to print the same document via Xerox Workcentre 7830 and everything is fine.

[Update] - As soon as I have physical access to the device, I will try to install driver from official Canon website for Linux x32/x64, step by step.

Regards.
    Last edited by k3r10n; March 15th, 2017 at 07:10 PM.

Beans

Re: Canon MF3010 prints black page instead of clear PDF

I remember something similar happening to us a while back: I need to google: something to do with clicking a tickbox somewhere;

I think it was
    Code:
    enable the option labelled "Print as image" in the "Advanced Print Setup" dialog.
    ....... this link isn't exactly you https://helpdesk.win2pdf.com/index.p...rint-correctly but the sense of it might apply?

_________

to install the 32bit debian Canon package for this driver, if you go here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/c...100270810.html and click to download and save, you will have Linux_UFRII_PrinterDriver_V330_uk_EN.tar.gz

install commands are ...... line by line pasted into the terminal ...........

cd Downloads
    tar -zxvf Linux_UFRII_PrinterDriver_V330_uk_EN.tar.gz
    cd Linux_UFRII_PrinterDriver_V330_uk_EN
    sudo ./install.sh

and the script should start running; it may ask a couple of questions
    Last edited by pdc; March 15th, 2017 at 11:00 PM.

Beans

Hi pdc, thanks for reply.

I think the option You are talking about is associated with rasterization I mentioned before. I don't have Print as image option when print dialog appears. It causes text to be somehow finally visible but the background of the page remains black.

I tried original Canon driver and I was following the manual but it didn't fix the issue. I installed common and UFR deb packages. I restarted cups service. I tried to register printer with Canon_MF3010.ppd file without success - however - my current Canon MF3010 instance uses this ppd file (and proper filter) because when I change its name, the printer does not print. When I get back to the original ppd file name - it's ok.

Although I got this 'Unable to copy ppd file' error - during printer registration procedure (according to the manual) I think it does not matter, because my current printer instance uses this ppd file.

I will try to use ./install script tomorrow - I see many options within the script. Thanks pdc.

[UPDATE 20/03/2017] - although Linux_UFRII_PrinterDriver_V330_uk_EN.tar.gz driver did not help, the only way to bypass the issue seems to be printing as image indeed. To do that I had to download and install Adobe package, still available here - I think printing program / filter cannot handle all PDF file structures when it prepeares a document to be sent to a device, maybe a bug? No helpful information in cups log.

Regards.
    Last edited by k3r10n; March 20th, 2017 at 06:30 AM.

Beans

Hi i have Canon IR1730, I also printed pages in black, when they were scanned pages in pdf,
    with the Canon driver "linux-UFRII-drv-v340.tar.gz", a utility called cngplp is installed, run it in a terminal and check the option within special options, "Correct print data (including By N" ), and save as config defaults. With that, solve it.

Captura de pantalla de 2017-11-02 16-03-43.png