Thread: WiFi drivers are missing for HP ProBook. No WiFi Connectivity !!!

Beans

WiFi drivers are missing for HP ProBook. No WiFi Connectivity !!!

Hi,

I am new Ubuntu user. I am using HP ProBook with Ubuntu 16.04 as OS. I am not able to connect to the WiFi. My laptop WiFi signal is also red, which means it has not turned on. I have checked the my drivers list from termianl. I have attached the screen shot of it. I feel like WiFi drivers are missing. Please help me out to resolve the issues as how and which one WiFi driver to install.

Thank youImp.jpg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: WiFi drivers are missing for HP ProBook. No WiFi Connectivity !!!

I assume your Probook is a laptop, and that it has wifi of course.
    If it's a brand new model maybe there is not a driver for it's wifi yet, otherwise Ubuntu would have recognized it, and loaded the correct driver.
    In that case you'll have to wait until a driver becomes available, in one of the near future updates.

You could also buy a wifi USB-stick, which will very probably work with Ubuntu, if the wifi chip in it is not the newest of the newest.

Maybe other people in the forum can tell you more on this.

Ubuntu is very good in recognizing older hardware, but it may not recognize the newest hardware
    Windows is very good in knowing the new hardware (the manufacturers eager to provide the drivers for it), but does not know legacy hardware (the manufacturers eager for you to buy the newer hardware),
    That's what I think.

Topsiho

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Thread moved to Networking & Wireless.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

There is a driver, just not in Ubuntu 16.04. Please see here, especially the two comments: http://askubuntu.com/questions/85310...-wireless-8265
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.