Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NTFS partition now mounting as read only

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: NTFS partition now mounting as read only

Brilliant oldfred, I now have that NTFS partition mounting automatically, thank you.

During install, I wanted to set up a swap partition on sda2, but whether I created the swap before the encrypted partition on sda1, or vice versa, the installer would not let me continue, it warned about it not being encrypted. Due to this, I left 30.5G of space to configure swap post install. The one visible in my first post is my attempt to create it using the Disks program on Ubuntu. I ran tests and it seemed to work, but it was not automounting, and I am not sure if it is encrypted or not. I am happy to delete the swap and remake if necessary.

Can you please tell me, or link me to the correct way to configure the swap, on sda2, encrypted as I think that is the way to go, and automounting?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: NTFS partition now mounting as read only

I do not know encryption.
    I thought with LVM and full disk encryption the swap was inside the LVM.

And with /home encrypted, it automatically created an encrypted swap.

I have seen a number of Boot-Repair summary reports with encrypted /home & swap, but never saved an example.
    Many have gotten confused as gparted shows it as an error as with encryption gparted does not know what it is. But it is then correct.

I found this:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/46366...tion-for-14-04
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12