Thread: Was the Ubuntu forums website down this morning/last night (EST) for a couple of minu

Beans

Was the Ubuntu forums website down this morning/last night (EST) for a couple of minu

I was just wondering if the Ubuntu forums website was down early this morning/last night (EST) for a couple of minutes for maintenance, or whether it was something on my end like my router? Just wondering.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Was the Ubuntu forums website down this morning/last night (EST) for a couple of

Thread moved to Forum Feedback & Help.
    Yes, the forum was actually down for a while.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

Re: Was the Ubuntu forums website down this morning/last night (EST) for a couple of

OK, thank you. I'm disinfecting a friend's computer (Windows) that has a worm, and I know worms are designed to spread to USB flash drives, one of which I plugged into his computer while I was booted into Windows in order to install an antivirus. Since I don't have any more spare USB flash drives I used the one that I used while booted into Windows, which I had scanned for malware before, in order to save the log results of ClamAV while booted into Ubuntu using a live CD. I was just worried whether malware on the USB flash drive could have infected the firmware on my router, while I was connected to my home network using a USB Wi-Fi adapter, but I guess not. Thank you for clearing things up.
    Last edited by John_Patrick_Mason; March 7th, 2017 at 10:47 AM.