Thread: Time to fix this!!! Ubuntu hangs on shutdoen

Beans

Time to fix this!!! Ubuntu hangs on shutdoen

I REALLY DON'T CARE HOW MANY TIMES THIS HAS BEEN REPORTED - AND I KNOW I AM SHOUTING - CAN YOU HEAR???

I have run Ubuntu for at least 5 years Version 14.04 and now version 16.04. MANY USERS HAVE REPORTED THAT Ubuntu hangs on shutdown - but it just DOESN'T GET FIXED!

It's not just that it hangs - it is that CRASHING Ubuntu CORRUPTS it!

I see all sorts of advice - ESC does nothing IT IS HUNG! The ONLY possibility is to CRASH the system.

To make matters worse 16.04 now requires my password to report the problem - WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?? Why are you making it harder for users to report problems?

I run on 2 computers - an Acerone Intel Atom and a newer mini using an Intel Northgate
    I have FIVE Windows licenses and would DEARLY like convert to Linux, but this JUST DOESN'T CUT IT!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Time to fix this!!! Ubuntu hangs on shutdoen

This not the place to report bugs, launchpad is and yelling is not going to get you the response you hope for.

Use the link to report the bug and if you want help I suggest you ask for it in a polite manner.
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs
    Last edited by wildmanne39; February 19th, 2017 at 07:30 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Closed for staff review.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

ubuntuforums.org has no control over launchpad.net, and there are very few if any developers who have time to read posts here, let alone reply or offer support. That is what launchpad.net is for.

If you wish to ask for support here, please do so in a civil manner. Rants are seldom constructive.

This thread will remain closed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

But I'll just add this: This is a volunteer community, including the Staff. We are all common users of Ubuntu and none of us in employed by Canonical. We are here to help each other, not to be the targets of infantile rants about issues which we have no ability to fix.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.