Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu/Linux Screenshot Thread

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu/Linux Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    I'm sure you are aware of compiz reloaded on Debian then. It has all of the old good stuff - compiz, experimental compiz plugins, Emerald and the Fusion Icon. I was pretty amazed. I have both Stretch and Buster on my system.

I have 7 Linux systems total along with Windows 10 at this time.

Re-installed openSUSE last night and have everything except Conkywx on it so far. Just getting read to install that.

Looking Good && Don't forget to feed the Fish.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

I hope that Ubuntu can use compiz reloaded since Debian can. I have not checked that out yet.

Cheers
    It's kind of messy ATM: https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/inst...untu-mate/5833
    And: https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/inst...-reloaded/5875
    For on lookers It's best not to do unless you thrive on breakage.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    Looking Good && Don't forget to feed the Fish.
    Thanks Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    It's kind of messy ATM: https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/inst...untu-mate/5833
    And: https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/inst...-reloaded/5875
    For on lookers It's best not to do unless you thrive on breakage.
    Yes I got into Xubuntu 18.04 yesterday and found out that the last version that was supported was 16.04.

I tried and it had unmet dependencies and I did not want to mess with it, so I got everything back like it was before without the fish tank, etc. or the Fusion Icon.

I got what what will probably be the release version of Conkywx 8 installed on openSUSE TW last night and it looks great.

Comment out template6 in the conky on the right and you just see a system conky with no weather.

That wxmp media player was created by Param, the Conky and weather expert programmer that we test for. It uses mplayer, also VLC and Audacious will display the music.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

My latest install on this now "triple boot" laptop setup is Xubuntu Bionic 18.04; the other two installs are Ubuntu Xenial and Ubuntu-Mate Bionic.

Dual screen Xubuntu Bionic set up; laptop screen is on the left, 21 inch external monitor set as primary display is on the right...

xubuntu-bionic_dual-screen_thm.png

--Use this link for full size viewing--

Neofetch run as both user and root along with screenfetch run as both user and root are showing in a terminator window on the laptop; theme and icon details in use are shown here. The external monitor shows the xfce-simple-dark window theme in use with the Obsidian Sand Icons.

The install is set up to load up with compiz as the window manager; this is mainly for the cube and other eye-candy and effects etc if I need a standard xfce window manager at any time I can easily run the "xfwm4 --replace" command in the verve command line on the top panel ...

dual-screen_octocube_thm.png

The eight sided "cube" I set up gives quite a strange image when displayed on 2 monitors; a 16 workspace huge image shows on both monitors .

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by yetimon_64 View Post
    My latest install on this now "triple boot" laptop setup is Xubuntu Bionic 18.04; the other two installs are Ubuntu Xenial and Ubuntu-Mate Bionic.

Dual screen Xubuntu Bionic set up; laptop screen is on the left, 21 inch external monitor set as primary display is on the right...

xubuntu-bionic_dual-screen_thm.png

Neofetch run as both user and root along with screenfetch run as both user and root are showing in a terminator window on the laptop; theme and icon details in use are shown here. The external monitor shows the xfce-simple-dark window theme in use with the Obsidian Sand Icons.

The install is set up to load up with compiz as the window manager; this is mainly for the cube and other eye-candy and effects etc if I need a standard xfce window manager at any time I can easily run the "xfwm4 --replace" command in the verve command line on the top panel ...

dual-screen_octocube_thm.png

The eight sided "cube" I set up gives quite a strange image when displayed on 2 monitors; a 16 workspace huge image shows on both monitors .
    Pretty sweet setup there yetimon_64!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Deepin

"Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thanks mate, its only a few days old and has a heck of a lot of setting up to be done on it still.
    On seeing your pics I am back to thinking about my next conky for it; though it will probably end up to be a pretty simple conky set up compared to yours.
    Cheer, yeti.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by yetimon_64 View Post
    Thanks mate, its only a few days old and has a heck of a lot of setting up to be done on it still.
    On seeing your pics I am back to thinking about my next conky for it; though it will probably end up to be a pretty simple conky set up compared to yours.
    Cheer, yeti.
    You should try the Conkywx conkys that Param builds and we test for him. He is going to release the version we have now as soon as he has double checked the documentation and everything else.
    More weather sources, more stuff... On this thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

I was planning on writing up some basic instructions on how I get my Conkywx installed and working. You can enter "conkywx" in terminal and press 2, it will bring up a web based help that will explain everything and how everything works.

I'm just talking about how to get it installed and working, which we testers are used to doing but, anyway I think it will help a lot of people. When you first look at it and then are told to just read the instructions and post your questions, I think it seems too daunting.
    But, really once you understand it, it's simple. The problem is that if your screen size is different that Param's is, then you have to make adjustments and that's when the web based directions come in handy.

I think Param's monitor is 1920x1080 and if yours is the same you just have to decide what you want but, it will be fairly easy.

Cheers

PS nice Deepin screen Frogs Hair! I may have to give that a try; I've got plenty of room for more distros on this box.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Budgie Development.

Last edited by Frogs Hair; June 13th, 2019 at 07:27 PM.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

antiX 17.4.1 (Helen Keller)

I got almost everything I wanted except Emerald. I had to fight with it the appropriate amount of time before I found it did everything I needed.
    By default fstab mounts everything there is to mount and while fixing that I could not get anything to mount, had to settle for CLI "sudo mount..." aliases for the meanwhile.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; December 29th, 2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Replace pic

Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast