Thread: 3rd Party Sites and Links

Beans

3rd Party Sites and Links

Are there any regulations on using links to 3rd party sites like if I was going to post a link to a website?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 3rd Party Sites and Links

The forums Code of Conduct can be found here.. https://ubuntuforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules

The paragraphs here..
    Users agree not to post anything abusive, rude, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, advertising or marketing related, or sexually-oriented. Material that suggests illegal activity or contains illegal content is also forbidden. We do not support circumventing TOS, EULA, etc here. Such threads will be closed and offending users will be penalised with infractions and warnings. Given that our forums could be used by people at work and school we want to ensure they will not encounter material that will cause them problems or cause their access to our site to be limited, so all content should be safe for both.
    and here

Spam (unsolicited advertising): Spam will be moved to Spamalot in the forum Jail and the account posting it will likely be banned. You are allowed to have links to personal sites in your signature and in your profile, and may post them in threads on occasion (just not often, please) as long as the content of the site linked does not include material that violates this code of conduct and if you are not posting any other form of advertising. A business site, regardless of provenance, will be treated as spam.
    seem to answer your query ?

Beans

Re: 3rd Party Sites and Links

I suppose. I was wondering about how to post suggestions like what I bought that kept my laptop cool.