Thread: Move the panel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Move the panel

I have just created a new XUbuntu computer using 16.04.1. On previous versions I moved the panel to the bottom of the screen by unchecking the Lock Panel option in Panel Preferences, then selecting Move and dragging the panel to the botton of the screen. This no longer works.

I appreciate this is not the most critical problem, but I've got used to it down there. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans

Re: Move the panel

I don't see 'move' in the Panel Preferences window. After unchecking 'lock panel' in that window, you can immediately drag it down - but you can only drag the panel from either the extreme left or right end.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

OK. Thanks. That is different from the way I did it previously, but it worked fine.

The move selection is still there in the right click menu of the panel, 2 positions above the Panel selection that takes you into preferences. It just doesn't work any more

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

That "Move" that you see in the context menu is not to move the whole panel but just an individual item in the panel.

After the right click in the panel you will see, greyed out at the top of the context menu, the name of the item you happened to be in at that moment, which if you choose an apparently empty part of the panel is often actually an expanded separator.