is tribler OSS??
is tribler OSS??
Impossible is nothing but a word.
get the deb, double click, install, go to applications>internet, click tribler ...
Or maybe you meant compiling from source ?
Look at the instructions from their website (they have their own customized version of a python library witch requires pyhon headers and all to compile ..)
the link seem got problem, i can't completely download it....
thanks reda_ea for introducing (and putting the package together) Tribler to the rest of us. I think Tribler is the best linux torrent appliation I have used yet (azureus was slow and took up too much memory/cpu. qtorrent, bittornado, default bittorrent didn't display unicode correctly and didn't support multiple torrents at one time).
The main features that I really liked about Tribler:
- lots of options (I can change ports, limit download/upload speed, change default download location)
- support of unicode filenames
- nice gui
But is it better than uTorrent & BitComet for Windows?
close, but not quite there yet.
Things I like dislike about Tribler:
- ahhhh... integrating "human friendship" into a torrent software? not for me, at least not in a torrent software. there are instant messengers, forum, etc. for that.
- Another feature that is bugging me is that this software "recommends torrent" to me. Is it monitoring on me? It just doesn't feel right somehow.
- The "advanced options" are embedded too deeply and can only be access once the torrent is downloading. For example, if a torrent file consists of multiple files and I want to exclude one of them from downloading (ie I don't want/already have that particular file), I won't be able to deselect that file until I have selected a download location (which will automatically download all the files).
so all it does is send your history to others, they don't keep it on a server (wich would have been stange for a P2P app), and you can disable it.Privacy
From our license: [Tribler] will by default exchange your download history with others. This feature can be disabled by disabling the recommender in the Preference menu. See also the disclaimer at [the bottom of this page]
Anyway these are just features you only use if you want, The recommendations don't work yet for me, I think I need more history and it needs more users contributing.
last-exit - http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=213185
tribler - http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=234700
I twitter from deskbar - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3391954
any idea on how to make it open torrents with spaces by double clicking or choosing to open it in tribler on download complete without having to open them from the software
Thanks great client!
Th only bad thing is that sometimes the torrents get's stoped
Hey friends, do you know this http://www.torrentflux.com/ ???
Sounds good ?!?!? 8) 8)
yeah, that one is awesome, but you need a web server first