Thread: Ubuntu Hours in Apple Valley, California.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Ubuntu Hours in Apple Valley, California.

Hello to all of my fellow Californians!! My name is Charlie and I live here in Apple Valley and I'm gathering "intel" to put together an Ubuntu Hour for the locals.

My History: I've been using ubuntu linux in some form since 2006. I started out with the basic Ubuntu and changed over to Ubuntu Studio for a while but realized it was more software choices than I needed at the time since I wasn't doing much with graphical design or music production so I changed over to Linux Mint which I really enjoyed a lot and stuck with it until about two months and then I switched back Ubuntu Studio to be able to utilize all of the software it has in its packages for my new journalism job.

So here's the deal. I'm going to start looking around and asking shop managers if it would be ok to host an Ubuntu Hour in their store so that I can help promote ubuntu linux in this area. I've got several great towns to visit such as Victorville, Hesperia, Adelanto, Oro Grande and of course Apple Valley. I may even do something in Barstow as well since that's only about 20 minutes or so from me.

The purpose of this post is to just give any of you who may live close to me in one of the listed towns or maybe in another one but still fairly close by, a heads up about my interest in doing this. I think it'll be a lot of fun and I love to teach people about new things.

So let me check around and see if I can find a landing spot for us and I'll update this post with the intel.

Charlie

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu Hours in Apple Valley, California.

Sounds great! I'm all the way up in San Francisco so I can't attend these, but I wanted to encourage your search and suggest you also reach out on our mailing list to spread the word a bit further.

Best of luck with your venue search. Please do keep us in the loop so the rest of the team can help you promote these events when you start having them
    Last edited by elizabeth; December 25th, 2016 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Add mailing list link
    Elizabeth Krumbach // pleia2 // lyz@ubuntu.com
    http://princessleia.com

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Ubuntu Hours in Apple Valley, California.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth View Post
    Sounds great! I'm all the way up in San Francisco so I can't attend these, but I wanted to encourage your search and suggest you also reach out on our mailing list to spread the word a bit further.

Best of luck with your venue search. Please do keep us in the loop so the rest of the team can help you promote these events when you start having them
    Hey Elizabeth! Thank you! And that's a shame but it's cool, though. And I definitely will start to do some more searching as soon as I can. I've been a bit busy with the holidays and working on some material for my day job.

I'll definitely keep you in the loop about this. I'm going to have fun doing this and push hard to train and promote Ubuntu.

Talk to you, soon!