Thread: Canon MF4350d drivers installed, device detected but no printing [16.04LTS]

Beans

Canon MF4350d drivers installed, device detected but no printing [16.04LTS]

Hello everyone,

I am running Ubuntu 16.04LTS on a 64bit machine.
    Upon plugging in the printer (via USB), the device was detected and I believe a driver was automatically installed (UFRII-LT).

Printing from Libre Office yields no response from the printer.
    Printing a test page from the "Printer Properties" window also yields no response. The Printer State goes briefly from "processing" to:
    Code:
    idle-src=libcanon_pdlwrapper.c, line=514, err=0¥nDEBUG: Wrote 1 pages...
    I later installed the official drivers from the Canon website, for 64bit Linux with no change in result.

As a side note, this device works fine as a scanner. I didn't have to download any additional drivers.

Any ideas on how to solve this, or if there are any other commands I can run to see if there are other error messages?

Thank you!

Beans

Re: Canon MF4350d drivers installed, device detected but no printing [16.04LTS]

I have the same issue. Did you get this to work? If so, can you please let me know the steps? Thanks in advance

Beans

Re: Canon MF4350d drivers use UFRII

Hi sviswana; welcome to the forums;

so you need Canon's UFR driver from here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/c...100270810.html and it is at version 3.31 as it was updated on 14th April (this year): it has an Install Script that should do all the work for you

so if you click to DOWNLOAD and select to SAVE it and it should end up in your Downloads directory; you will be downloading linux-UFRII-drv-v331-uken.tar.gz

if you can open a terminal; .......... hold down the control and alt and t buttons together ................and we will need you to paste commands into the terminal ....... if you right-click on the text prompt in the terminal; and you can select PASTE from the menu that appears ... oh, and hit the ENTER key after each paste ....... make sure you COPY the commands below ...

so the commands are
    Code:
    cd Downloads
    Code:
    tar -zxvf linux-UFRII-drv-v331-uken.tar.gz
    Code:
    cd linux-UFRII-drv-v331-uken
    If you now make the terminal "Full-screen" by clicking on the middle of the three buttons top-right; and it will ask you some questions; now launch the install script with
    Code:
    ./install.sh
    ...... any joy?