Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Did Anyone Not Like Unity and After Using It for a While Liked it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Did Anyone Not Like Unity and After Using It for a While Liked it?

To answer the question in your title, yes I disliked it when I first saw it then I used it and found I liked it.

You might want to try lxde and/or openbox. You can pretty much make them do whatever you want. Of course, it will take you ages to edit the config.xml (or whatever it's called) and write your own theme, but once you've done it, your computer will look and behave exactly as you want it to.

Personally, I find that learning how to use unity is easier.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Was not impressed with Unity at first but now have task bar on my Windows install moved to the left edge of the screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Quote Originally Posted by C.S.Cameron View Post
    Was not impressed with Unity at first but now have task bar on my Windows install moved to the left edge of the screen.
    Funny, funny.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by happydog500 View Post
    I spent last evening researching the features of Unity. I like it more now and I'm no even using it

I found all kinds of stuff I didn't know it could do. Another thing I didn't do when trying it out was, right clicking on the panel icons. Its' kind of like my friends new car. He's had it for a year, and on a road trip, I got out his manual. While reading it, I kept finding features he didn't even know he had. We both know how to use a car, but quite a few things we couldn't of realized. Take the sound system. We knew how to use the USB to play music, but we never would of known it has a HD, and can put things off a USB and download them to the stereo. Take the USB out, you can still play the music. Incert a CD, Download it into the system so you don't have to have the disc.

Same with Unity. Any computer person can figure out what to do, but reading the manual, or web page devoted to features of Unity, makes it so you can figure out features you may not of known about. How things fit with other features.

I'm having trouble using Xubuntu 16.x on my computer, so not sure I'll be able to stick with it, but I will try 14.04.1. This time I have a better appreciation and a more positive attitude.

Thank you,
    Chris.
    Glad to know you've reached a decision

In case you need help on any specific aspect of Ubuntu or Xubuntu, don't hesitate to ask in the relevant support forum. All the best!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234