Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: I had my first run-in with a distro of Mobile Linux last week...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Beans
    23
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Red face I had my first run-in with a distro of Mobile Linux last week...

    Greetings!

    I work for a tech company in the service repair center. I repair hand-held data collectors for various applications.

    Last week, we received a data collector that my supervisor felt she needed to show me, since she has never seen one quite like this...

    "Is that mobile Linux?" I asked her, not trying to mask my excitement and curiosity.

    Curious to know more, I looked up when the kernel of that particular OS was created, and it was sometime in 2014, if memory serves. I can not remember the exact number.

    I had never seen mobile Linux in person, and figured I would share

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: I had my first run-in with a distro of Mobile Linux last week...

    Technically everyone who has an Android or Sailfish device is using mobile Linux.
    Code:
    ~$ uname -sr
    Linux 4.4.30-ayylmao

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Beans
    23
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: I had my first run-in with a distro of Mobile Linux last week...

    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentWarrior View Post
    Technically everyone who has an Android or Sailfish device is using mobile Linux.
    This is true
    I currently have an iPhone, but I am really wanting to go back to Android when I have the chance.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: I had my first run-in with a distro of Mobile Linux last week...

    Quote Originally Posted by isolated-thinker View Post
    This is true
    I currently have an iPhone, but I am really wanting to go back to Android when I have the chance.
    I have a Moto G3 running CM14. It's pretty nice for an $80 phone. Unlocked bootloader, good dev support, and a surprisingly good DAC. If xposed worked on Nougat I'd probably be set for a couple more years.
    Code:
    ~$ uname -sr
    Linux 4.4.30-ayylmao

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Beans
    23
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: I had my first run-in with a distro of Mobile Linux last week...

    Quote Originally Posted by ArgentWarrior View Post
    I have a Moto G3 running CM14. It's pretty nice for an $80 phone. Unlocked bootloader, good dev support, and a surprisingly good DAC. If xposed worked on Nougat I'd probably be set for a couple more years.
    I might have to look into that

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •