Thread: Ubuntu Privacy Remix and Macbook Air Model A1466 Booting Issues

Beans

Red face Ubuntu Privacy Remix and Macbook Air Model A1466 Booting Issues

I've completely exhausted myself trying different boot parameters to get UPR to boot on my Macbook Air Model A1466. It has the Broadwell 1.6ghz Intel HD 6000 chipset. I created a UPR drive with Rufus and I can get UPR to load to the selection screen, I would Start UPR, however, it would fault out with the error:

hda_intel: azx_get_response timeout, switching to single cmd mode: last cmd=0x000f0001

Obviously I tried the safe mode to see if that would fix it. Nope! I've tried editing the boot/grub/grub.cfg file to no avail. As you can see from my current desperation (to include possible Skylake parameters) in my config attempts - I've failed miserably.

Code:
    --class=upr $"Start"" Ubuntu Privacy Remix" { 
        linux    /casper/vmlinuz2 boot=casper quiet splash noprompt nopersistent ibata.force=noncq i915.preliminary_hw_support=1 nouveau.blacklist=1 edd=on nolapic pcie_aspm=force tpm_tis.interrupts=0 i915.modeset=0 i915.i915_enable_rc6=1 video=VGA-1:1440x900-24@60 video=1440x900-24@60 video.use_bios_initial_backlight=0 --
    I've tried:

nomodeset
    vga=868
    nolapic
    acpi=off
    acpi="linux"

And many others I can't think of right now.

I would really appreciate a suggestion. TIA

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Ubuntu Privacy Remix and Macbook Air Model A1466 Booting Issues

Moved to Apple Hardware Users.

You may get better help here, but since you are not using a recognized Ubuntu flavor (you are using an OS BASED on Ubuntu, not Ubuntu, and there is no guarantee that they developers have not done something unique) that is not certain.
    Last edited by QIII; November 9th, 2016 at 06:33 AM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Privacy Remix and Macbook Air Model A1466 Booting Issues

Thank you for the move!

Bumpies!