Thread: Hello fellow Arizonans!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello fellow Arizonans!

I saw that you are all having an install-fest right down the road from my house on 11/05/16. I'm interested in "getting back in the game" in regards to Linux, Ubuntu and open source in general. I do have one question regarding the event. About how many people generally show up to these shindigs?
    Ground Control to Major Tom...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Hello fellow Arizonans!

Welcome to the Team. The attendance varies from 15 or so to 25. It can occasionally rise to a larger number. Sometimes the number of people to be helped is larger than those helping but most of the time there are plenty of folks there to provide assistance to the new folks. Other Linux and FOSS projects are also worked on during the Installfests as well.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans

Re: Hello fellow Arizonans!

Cool hope to see you there we will be in our alternate location at Gangplank HQ in Chandler so we may be a bit light on attendance but it is a great location to to work on cool projects and or chat

Sat, November 5, 10am – 4pm
    WhereGangplank Chandler, 260 South Arizona Avenue, Chandler, AZ, United States (map)
    Description*Who* Anyone interested in Linux is welcome. We can just chat or we can install on almost any version of Linux on your computer, router, server, Raspberry PI, or ???. Fix or learn open source programs in a one on one training class.

*What:* We can install most Linux distributions. We are also happy to fix problems, answer questions or simply discuss free software. We meet the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month from 10 AM until 4 PM unless we cancel or reschedule due to a holiday. Please see the calendar at http://www.azloco.org/node/28 for more information