Thread: Zesty Zapus Release Schedule, Partial Upgrades, and Common Questions

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Zesty Zapus Release Schedule, Partial Upgrades, and Common Questions

This is where you will find the Zesty Zapus release schedule, as well as the answers to frequently asked questions.

Release Schedule

If you are asked to do a partial upgrade, please read this first:

Partial upgrade

There always are many questions about what to do and how to do things during a release cycle:

Common Questions

If you are looking for the Daily iso's, have a look here:

Ubuntu
    Kubuntu
    Xubuntu
    Lubuntu
    Ubuntu Gnome
    Ubuntu Mate

As many of you may know we have created a U+1 testing team to do a better job of reporting bugs, and generally to make things better for all during the testing cycle. To that end, we have created a wiki where a lot of information regarding testing is available. You don't have to be a team member to be able to test , testing is open to everyone regardless of your experience level. That being said, to get the most possible feedback from your bug reports, check this out, before creating a bug report:

Create a good bug report

Here are some more useful links:

Zesty changes mailing list

Ubuntu Developers

Note: This post will be updated as more information becomes available

10/26/2016: updated links for available daily isos
    Last edited by cariboo; December 6th, 2016 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Updated release schedule

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Zesty Zabu Release Schedule, Partial Upgrades, and Common Questions

Zapus !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Zesty Zapus Release Schedule, Partial Upgrades, and Common Questions

I shouldn't edit these things after working all night. I should get some rest first.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Zesty Zapus Release Schedule, Partial Upgrades, and Common Questions

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo View Post

As many of you may know we have created a U+1 testing team to do a better job of reporting bugs, and generally to make things better for all during the testing cycle. To that end, we have created a wiki where a lot of information regarding testing is available. You don't have to be a team member to be able to test , testing is open to everyone regardless of your experience level.

Thanks Cariboo. Anyone wanting to join the U+1 team can navigate through this link:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/U+1/tester-wiki

It is currently a work in progress as I have to wait for links for the .iso files .. etc..

Anyone with any ideas, knows Moin Moin or wants to help in general then please do so. I am trying to draw up some audio/visual templates to help with unity 8 and yakkety/zesty. I would most likely put them in the tutorial section ..uhh.. more to come..

Edit: btw .. during YY cycle there was a lot of discussion on irc about automated testing and how it was not providing expected results and some developers were expressing dismay over this. There is an advantage to manual testing (mostly which we learn about here in UDV (U+1). The q/a tracker has it's place and so does manual testing. Often an automated test cannot accurately describe a bug but a human tester can detect things that automated testers cannot.

Regards..
    Last edited by ventrical; October 21st, 2016 at 05:57 PM.