Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 16.10 final beta.

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Ubuntu 16.10 final beta.

Quote Originally Posted by arnold8969 View Post
    I'm using 16.10 since may 18. Since the Beta there are almost No Updates anymore. Strange !
    So Beta 2 was released earlier today, some six days later than expected.

As predicted (by me) there have been many updates.

Beans

So disappointed. For some reason the Final Beta still doesn't boot from USB with EFI boot on Lenovo Thinkpad. Is there a way of still installing it in UEFI mode?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by simonsaysthis View Post
    So disappointed. For some reason the Final Beta still doesn't boot from USB with EFI boot on Lenovo Thinkpad. Is there a way of still installing it in UEFI mode?
    Ok I see this is a known bug in all flavours. Guess will have to be patient then...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW2U View Post
    So Beta 2 was released earlier today, some six days later than expected.

As predicted (by me) there have been many updates.
    Uh.. but not for unity8.

Regards..

Beans

Yup, same here, although, I have a desktop with a gigabyte motherboard (z170x-gaming5) and just a blank screen when booting with EFI (no, this motherboard does not have IOMMU setting).
    I can boot from legacy mode, but I have no mouse or keyboard (mouse is invisible, and nothing from the keyboard).

Will this be fixed, or is it the end of the road with Ubuntu for me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

We have to stay in there and keep updating. I am still trying to find out whats going on with all of this this late in the cycle. There is a lot of breakage. Sometimes that can be a good thing.

Regards..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mh2721 View Post
    Yup, same here, although, I have a desktop with a gigabyte motherboard (z170x-gaming5) and just a blank screen when booting with EFI (no, this motherboard does not have IOMMU setting).
    I can boot from legacy mode, but I have no mouse or keyboard (mouse is invisible, and nothing from the keyboard).

Will this be fixed, or is it the end of the road with Ubuntu for me?
    Ok so this was my solution.

1. Do a clean install of 16.04
    2. Don't update anything post-installation and add any repos
    3. Go to terminal and type sudo do-release-upgrade -d

I also tried it from 16.04 where I had already done all the latest upgraded and added all the extras but it gave me problem. So far everything is working fine since I ungraded from a raw install
    Last edited by cariboo; September 29th, 2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: normalize font to comply with Forum C of C

Beans

Ok so this was my solution.

1. Do a clean install of 16.04
    2. Don't update anything post-installation and add any repos
    3. Go to terminal and type sudo do-release-upgrade -d

I also tried it from 16.04 where I had already done all the latest upgraded and added all the extras but it gave me problem. So far everything is working fine since I ungraded from a raw install
    Thanks for this..Forgot to mention that I use kubuntu, but this happens in all "flavors" of Ubuntu 16.10

So, I did the upgrade, and it seemed to work, I got to the desktop, but the mouse is invisible, but the keyboard works. Thanks for the suggestion.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mh2721 View Post
    Thanks for this..Forgot to mention that I use kubuntu, but this happens in all "flavors" of Ubuntu 16.10

So, I did the upgrade, and it seemed to work, I got to the desktop, but the mouse is invisible, but the keyboard works. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Could you maybe try installing synaptics firmware afterwards or try reconfiguring synclient? Just pondering

Beans

Could you maybe try installing synaptics firmware afterwards or try reconfiguring synclient? Just pondering
    I won't be able to do this now because I am trying out other distro's. When the final is released I will see where I stand. Thanks for the help/suggestions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast