Thread: Online status missing from panel

Beans

Online status missing from panel

I've installed Ubuntu 16.04 (fresh install on new ssd). I wanted to save my time by copying the entire home folder from previous hard drive (still has working ubuntu 16.04) and exporting/importing program list in Synaptic. Everything is ok, the only thing that bugs me is that there are no Online status options in the panel. I have Empathy installed and I tried if installing Evolution will resolve the problem. Am I missing something?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Online status missing from panel

What do you see if you click on the fan icon to the left hand side of the En language icon?

That is the network applet icon so it shpould give you options to see the connection infpormation and tom edit the connection as well.

Or am I missing your point totally; it wouldn't be the first time I have done so?

Beans

I think you missed the point This menu should look similar to this (I found this pic somewhere on net). I'm missing statuses and Empathy menu item.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Ah! Gotcha.

Sorry but in that case I do not have an answer; I don't use any applet to update anything except my emails, and I don't use an IM application any more.

Beans

Found a solution. In dconf editor, I set in com.canonical.indicator.messages applicaions ['thunderbird.desktop', 'empathy.desktop']. I only added empathy.desktop. Thunderbird appears here when I start Thunderbird