Thread: Evolution Email Client - Linux Mint 18 - Can't Send: "mailbox unavailable"

Beans

Evolution Email Client - Linux Mint 18 - Can't Send: "mailbox unavailable"

Dear All,

Evolution version: 3.18.5.2
    Email provider: mail.com

I have two accounts established in Evolution, both were working just fine until the following happened:

On one account I was in the process of sending an email when I noticed that I forgot to include an attachment. I "cancelled" the sending process before it sent the email. I attached the relevant document, and then tried re-sending again. I sending failed and the following message appeared:

---
    The reported error was "RCPT TO <[sender email address]> failed: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
    Failure sending mail. Try again later".
    ---

The other account in Evolution works fine, so I suspect it's not a case of Evolution being "corrupted" or something, rather it's something to do with the first account only. But now every time I try to send from that first account, I get the same error message.

Note:

I can *receive* messages on *both* accounts OK. It's just with the sending on the first account that I get the error message. I get the same error message for any and all people I try to email from that account.

Steps taken so far:

I have shut Evolution down, and restarted: problem reoccurs.
    I have shut the computer down and restarted it: problem reoccurs.
    I have checked the settings. Nothing has changed as far as I can see.
    I have not amended or otherwise fiddled with any of the settings, at all, in either account since they were first setup - they've been working fine, until now.

I use this account for work and this has killed a whole day of productivity, forcing me to use the cumbersome web-based version of email. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: Evolution Email Client - Linux Mint 18 - Can't Send: "mailbox unavailable"

Thread moved to the "Ubuntu/Debian BASED" forum.