Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not receiving emails indicating thread replies

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Not receiving emails indicating thread replies

Quote Originally Posted by Hewjr100 View Post
    PS Next new post I will subscribe to, just in case how do I do that.
    Your profile is already set up for automatic thread subscription with instant email notification. You would have done that yourself some time in the past. That applies whether you start a thread or post to an existing thread.

If you wish to subscribe to a thread that you do not post to, both QIII and I have already described how to do that earlier in this thread.

The forum software does not discriminate against certain email domains for email notification. If you are not receiving subscription notifications to your outlook.com email address, I suggest you check in your spam folder to be sure that outlook isn't consigning forum emails there.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Subscribed thread, no email notification

I created this new post, and when I went to thread tools the only choice is to unsubscribe, so I must subscribed, and still not getting email replies.

Henry
    Ubuntu 24.04 64 bit
    HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop 16 inch
    32 GB ram 500 GB SSD Nvme
    Intel 10th generation i5 4 cores 4 threads. Intel UHD graphics

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Subscribed thread, no email notification

Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!

Threads merged.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Sorry not in spam folder. Check it constanly due to other spam I recieve.

Henry
    Ubuntu 24.04 64 bit

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Hewjr100 View Post
    Sorry not in spam folder. Check it constanly due to other spam I recieve.

Henry
    I've tested instant email notification and it works for me, but with a different email domain.

I'm not aware of the forum software not sending out notifications to outlook.com and, since this is a popular email domain, I'm sure we would have heard about this before if it was a forum bug.

Things to check: do you have more than one outlook.com email address? If so, are you sure you are checking the correct inbox?

Try changing your forum email to a non-outlook.com address and see if you get notifications then. I see you have used other email addresses during your time with the forum, but things to bear in mind if you do change your email address:

• If you change your forum email address, you do not need to change your Ubuntu One account email to match. Email addresses in the two accounts only have to match for initial linking. Once your Ubuntu One and forum accounts are linked, you can have different emails in the two accounts if you wish.
    • If you do change your forum email address, please remember to re-activate your account from the verification email, otherwise you will not be able to post.
    • To change your forum email address, go to settings -> Edit Email & Password, but you can ignore the password field. The only password you need is the Ubuntu One account password and the password field in the forum is redundant for you, but we need to retain the field there for a special purpose.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Chili555 had this issue about the same time and this post by slickymaster helped https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread....9#post13532309

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

@jeremy31, thanks for that link. I *think* I can see what's going on now. As someone who doesn't like being spammed with email notifications and who has relied on control panel notifications only for all the years I've been on the forum, I hadn't come across this somewhat poor "feature" of vbulletin before. There's a parallel with the way the software deals with sigs - but that's another matter.

@Hewjr100, apologies. Disregard most of what I said in my earlier post #17. Did you change your auto-notification setting to instant email notificaton in your settings page recently? Have you tried manually subscribing to a thread to see if you get email notifications for that thread? Or simply follow slickymaster's fix in the jeremy31's link and, hopefully, that should work for you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Howefield, sorry, I made a mistake, but is the mistake so important that the issue is being ignored! I have changed my outlook email address with over 2 dozen sites that had used outlook and now use gmail. Have endured countless verification steps, some which failed and had to do again, all because I am still not getting email replies to my subscribed threads in the ubuntu forums. They do not show up in any folder in outlook period. So someone please look in to this. I just checked settings edit password and email and it still shows xxxxx@gmail.com and it is supposed to bee xxxxx100@gmail.com.

Henry

PS Also screwed up my iphone when switched to gmail, contacts missing or not complete. Yes I imported outlook contact from gmail account.
    Last edited by Hewjr100; October 29th, 2016 at 03:29 PM.
    Ubuntu 24.04 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy31 View Post
    Chili555 had this issue about the same time and this post by slickymaster helped https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread....9#post13532309
    At the same time I also had to do what chilli555 in the link in this post did to get notifications working, I suggest the user give it a try.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast