Thread: libreoffice 5.2 only opens as sudo

Beans

libreoffice 5.2 only opens as sudo

I've installed libreoffice 5.2 from the libreoffice ppa after first purging all libreoffice 5.1 from my ubuntu 16.04 install. After the install of 5.2, libreoffice will only open from a sudo terminal window. If I try to open it as my normal user, the oosplash screen pops up and hangs. I tried launching as myself from a command line to see if there were any error messages, but nothing at all comes up in the terminal window. Just a hanging splash screen. I've tried purging and reinstalling 5.2, chown-ing the .config/libreoffice in my home dir, as well as deleting the .config/libreoffice directory completely. Same issue.

Any thoughts as to what's happening and how I can fix it?

-J

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: libreoffice 5.2 only opens as sudo

The only thing that worked for me when this happened about a year ago was to make sure everything was uninstalled
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice*.*
    And
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/ppa
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    I think (I am Guessing) what might be going on with your setup is libreoffice-gtk not being fully removed.

Code:
    sudo apt remove libreoffice-gtk
    And Now
    Code:
    sudo apt dist-upgrade && sudo apt install libreoffice-gtk2 libreoffice-gnome
    You should now have a shiny new versions of LibreOffice Writer, Calc, Impress, et al.
    Fingers Crossed
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD