Thread: How to request a change on ubuntu documentation page lay-out?

Beans

Question How to request a change on ubuntu documentation page lay-out?

Hello,

I'd like to request a new functionality in ubuntu package page but I don't know the best way to do this.

This request consists in adding a new filter by last stable (or development) release date to identify packages with no recent updates.

In this page I've just found a link to launchpad page, but I'm not sure is the adequate way to do this request.

Tks for any help.

Beans

Re: How to request a change on ubuntu documentation page lay-out?

Quote Originally Posted by lhmp1967 View Post
    In this page I've just found a link to launchpad page, but I'm not sure is the adequate way to do this request.
    I'd suggest that if that is how the maintainers of the page would prefer feedback, then that is where to go.

In what way do you feel this inadequate ?

ps. Not sure the forums is the best place to get your question answered but thread moved to the "Documentation and Community Wiki Discussions" sub forum. Possibly a better fit.

Beans

Thanks for the words and move this thread to a better sub forum.

Launchpad is a bug tickets service. This is a request, some sites don't deal requests/bugs as the same way, but some others do. It's not clear for me if launchpad accept request documentation query as the same way of bug ticket.

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by lhmp1967 View Post
    Launchpad is a bug tickets service. This is a request, some sites don't deal requests/bugs as the same way, but some others do. It's not clear for me if launchpad accept request documentation query as the same way of bug ticket.
    There are a number of other Ubuntu/Canonical web-sites that also use Launchpad to track bugs, amendments and various change requests. May be they're using Launchpad to track "work items" rather than just bugs?

I'm sure that if you log your request someone within the team will look at what you have submitted and change the status of the "bug" to something appropriate.

A status of "Wishlist" springs to mind.
    Last edited by PaulW2U; August 22nd, 2016 at 05:07 PM.