Thread: Christian Ubuntu Moderation/Resolution?

Beans
    Hidden!

Christian Ubuntu Moderation/Resolution?

I posted some comments, suggesting an idea about how the confrontations in the Christian Ubuntu thread could be reduced or allieviated, and mentioned that if they were better suited for the resolution center, then I would understand if they were be moved.

Instead they were deleted, so I move the topic here.

Considering the everyday occurence of negative (and sometimes insensitive) feedback, and sharp response, I honestly think it seems out of place for a technical discussion thread to continue in the Cafe. Especially when people wander to the Cafe for non-technical discussions, it's only obvious that they will voice their opinion, especially if they feel strongly about it.

I understand there was a thread in the Backyard intended for debate about the project, but was deleted/locked for whatever reason (suspect breach of coduct).
    But does it really make sense to watch that thread everyday in the Cafe, and have mods delete posts, and post warnings, when simply moving it to say the "3rd party projects" section could avoid all the confrontation, and allow the debate to carry on elsewhere (if conduct is upheld of course)?

I'm not personally involved in the project, and don't feel too strongly either way about the project, but it seemed obvious to me that the current situation isn't really helping anyone. Additionally, it's frustrating when what I've put forward is simply tossed out without explanation. Even a PM telling me to butt-out would have sufficed, and I would have.

But now it's up in the air and I have to inquire about the decision to delete my posts, and what the Staff thinks of the situation.

Like I said, I don't feel very strongly about the issue, and will just walk away if the Staff think it's best to leave things the way they are. Things just don't seem to make much sense this way, and it doesn't help when constructive comments are simply disregarded.

I'm not a trouble maker. Tell me the word and I'll leave and forget about it. I would just like an explanation as to:
    Why the thread remains in the Cafe
    Why the posts were deleted without explanation (I suspect it was considered offtopic)

Thanks you

Beans

Re: Christian Ubuntu Moderation/Resolution?

The thread in the Cafe http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=218724 has the title appended with a note that it is for technical discussion.Staff have stated in the thread this as well along with warnings not to divert the thread.Any posts other than technical will be removed.

Staff have split posts from that thread into a thread in the Backyard. That thread can be used to discuss the Christian Edition for non technical issues. However posts in this thread must comply with the rules for the backyard.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!

So the staff does not think the activity and the material in the thread warrants moving it? I don't know that apphending the title will change the situation much, as people will still see the thread in their visit to the Cafe and probably respond in the same way they have been.

But if that was the decision, then fine, I'll drop it.

I'm sorry if the backyard thread was created before I posted here, but I checked first, and thought there was nothing there. I see it there now. Again, if it was there earlier, then it was my bad. Thank you for merging those posts, hopefully nothing gets out of hand there.

I just find it frustrating when posts disappear without explanation, especially when they aren't against policies, so thanks for responding and clearing it up. I'm content with the outcome, and my posts from that thread can be deleted if anyone sees fit.

Beans

I agree with your point about moving without notification I have asked staff to advise when closing threads and moving posts.

With regard to if the Cafe is the appropriate location for the "technical' discussion thread.At this point it is but I will look at alternatives.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks KiwiNZ