Thread: Epson Drivers

Beans

Epson Drivers

Firstly, I am relatively new to Ubuntu, so have been tediously following installation instructions as seen below.

john@john-Inspiron-1110:~/Downloads/john$ sudo dpkg -i epson-inkjet-printer-201214_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb
    [sudo] password for john:
    dpkg: error processing archive epson-inkjet-printer-201214_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb (--install):
    cannot access archive: No such file or directory
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    epson-inkjet-printer-201214_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb
    john@john-Inspiron-1110:~/Downloads/john$

The driver deb file is in Home/Downloads/john
    My Epson WF-1030 is not listed and the suggested available drivers make a pig's breakfast of printing if they work at all.
    I am running 16.04 LTS on a Dell Inspiron 11.
    Why must this be so difficult?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Epson Drivers

Hello!

Generally, it's not that difficult. But sometimes support from OEMs for Linux is not the best. There's not much we can do about that.

Your message seems to indicate that the .deb file you are trying to install from doesn't exist. That's pretty straight forward. What isn't often straight forward is finding out if you've make an esoteric typo or something. I hate to say it, but that bites me all the time.

In the terminal, navigate to the directory where you believe the downloaded .deb to be. Issue the "dir" command to list the files there.

Copy the .deb file name to your clipboard and then reissue the install command after replacing what you think the file name is with the contents of your clipboard.

Let us know how you manage.

Cheers!
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.