Thread: My Ubuntu That Is On Virtual Machine Is Not Opening

Beans

My Ubuntu That Is On Virtual Machine Is Not Opening

I wrote this command to terminal and pressed enter:
    Code:
    shutdown -r

Terminal gave to me a time. I think it was almost one minute later. When I was surfing on the net, my VM closed suddenly as normal. But when the VM started , the VM said that(Actually, I can't remember well, because I closed the warning fastly):
    An error occured on your CPU, if you are not in your virtual machine press Cancel to do not damage your hardware(or vice versa, I am not sure). If you are in VM then press OK.
    I pressed OK. After that VM started, but VM couldn't reach the VM starting scene. Every time VM starts VM said that:
    Starting ...(When progress bar was full, it is repeated its starting process(What I mention is what I saw)). There are somethings that I can interact, but I don't know how to do:
    F2 to enter setup, F12 for Network Boot, ESC for Boot Menu.

What should I do?
    Last edited by oldos2er; January 14th, 2018 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Moved to Virtualisation.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: My Ubuntu That Is On Virtual Machine Is Not Opening

It is impossible to help you with insufficient data.

1. Before anything else, are you backed up? Not just VMs but other important data?
    2. What VM software are you using?
    3. What version of VM software are you using?
    4. What flavour and version of *buntu are you using on both host and guests?
    5. Is your host fully updated? If so, what kernel is it running?

I may not be able to give you much direction, but any attempt to help you by any other forum members requires at least this minimal information.

Beans

Re: My Ubuntu That Is On Virtual Machine Is Not Opening

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHook View Post
    It is impossible to help you with insufficient data.

1. Before anything else, are you backed up? Not just VMs but other important data?
    2. What VM software are you using?
    3. What version of VM software are you using?
    4. What flavour and version of *buntu are you using on both host and guests?
    5. Is your host fully updated? If so, what kernel is it running?

I may not be able to give you much direction, but any attempt to help you by any other forum members requires at least this minimal information.
    I think I detect the reason of my problem. I made a partition before my boot partition. Therefore, my system can't make the boot process. How can I delete the partition that I made? Is it possible from my choices?
    My choices:
    F2 to enter setup, F12 for Network Boot, ESC for Boot Menu.
    Last edited by joseph-hardrock; January 15th, 2018 at 03:43 PM.