Thread: GIGABYTE Motherboard Boot Loop

Beans

Unhappy GIGABYTE Motherboard Boot Loop

Hey,
    I have Windows and Ubuntu installed on my HDD. Today I wanted to boot to Windows but it gave me a Disk Error (Can't remember the exact STOP message from bsod). I thought that the last time I changed BIOS settings I might have made it so that it is not possible for Windows to start so I loaded the optimized defaults. It restarted and went right into a bootloop. I tried booting a few times but no luck, so I resettet the BIOS. It didn't help either. The BIOS was resettet, what do you want to do next screen appeared but without any message or textbox or anything else. Just the background and "GIGABYTE DOUBLE BIOS" on top of the screen. I tried restarting a few times. I approximately only got beeps on every 10th boot try. I resettet the BIOS again and the same result. My thought was that the CPU might have a too high temperature but after an hour still same results.
    Does anyone have any idea what I could do next?

EDIT: I solved it. It was the power supply. I changed it out and now it works again. (I also had a corrupted BIOS, but thanks to the double UEFI I could easily overwrite it with a healthy version)
    Last edited by Paramite; July 9th, 2016 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Solved