Thread: Ubuntu 16.04 - Theme changing back to default every time i reboot

Beans

Ubuntu 16.04 - Theme changing back to default every time i reboot

Hi, so i recently installed ubuntu 16.04. I'm using unity-tweak-tool to change my theme and icons. When i reboot my PC the theme changes to default and doesn't matter what theme I choose in unity tweak tool it stays default until i logout and login. It's really frustrating. I was thinking about doing fresh install. So what do you guys think?

http://imgur.com/mGedEGi
    Last edited by loloskiski; June 30th, 2016 at 09:42 AM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 16.04 - Theme changing back to default every time i reboot

I think the problem is that you are using other version of unity tweak tool, you are sure that you have downloaded that program from official ubuntu repositories? Unity tweak tool looks very different in my computer (installed from ubuntu repositories):

Beans

@loloskiski and @Jos_Miguel,

Hello and welcome to the forums. Please note point #4 in the forum's posting guidelines:
    If you include screenshots, use the forum attachment system rather than an offsite host such as imgur.
    Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Jos_Miguel View Post
    I think the problem is that you are using other version of unity tweak tool, you are sure that you have downloaded that program from official ubuntu repositories? Unity tweak tool looks very different in my computer (installed from ubuntu repositories):
    He is using gnome-tweak-tool.

Beans

Hello everybody,

I'm having the same issue. After a reboot I have to log out and log in again, to see my theme of choice. I'm running ubuntu 16.04 with unity on my Lenovo Z50-70 and am using the unity-tweak-tool.
    I already did a fresh installation with UEFI mode disabled (I also had troubles with my dedicated nvidia gpu, which now seems to work).
    On my Dell laptop at work, where I use the very same setup and followed the same steps, everything works just fine.

Has anyone any ideas what I could do to debug or fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: It turned out that I just have to wait 5 seconds or so before I log in for my theme to apply.
    Last edited by octave3990; November 5th, 2016 at 05:02 PM. Reason: found a solution

Beans

I have the same problem and I log in automatically, so the problem is still there.