Thread: ubuntu has become so VERY VERY slow....

Beans

ubuntu has become so VERY VERY slow....

I am a grandmother, please speak slowly LOL! as I am not a techie. I LOVED Ubuntu, but not it does not love me back. I spent all day yesterday playing with puppies, Tahr, etc. and trying to stuff them into a thumb drive or burn a disc, and now i have offended Ubuntu, and it's even SLOWER. this is what I do online- Ebay, craigslist, Facebook, and perhaps getting some music. that's all I need. I don't do anything connected with an office, and if I wanted to compose a letter it would have a stamp on it. I need NONE of that stuff. I need to handle photos, and go online and look at orchids. please help me do this. is there anyway I can keep the Ubuntu I have and get rid of stuff to make it work again? thank you so much. BTW- the copy of unebootin I downloaded did not even HAVE the option of installing a puppy of any sort.

Beans

Re: ubuntu has become so VERY VERY slow....

Even non techies can be expected to explain what the problem is, exactly where are you stuck ?

Is it creating the Live (DVD/USB) media that is the current difficulty ?

Beans

ok. I did download the unibootin but could not get a puppy in it. so I went and found the download for the version that seemed right- tahrpup-6.0. I have a 64 bit computer, a little less than 10 years old. downloaded that. I think I was successful in burning it to a disc. ( that appeared on screen) I went again to the BIOS page, looked under BOOT, made sure the ROM was first in line, and... nothing. nothing happens.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

You were trying to install Puppy Linux? I'm a grandparent, too

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Thread moved to the "Ubuntu/Debian BASED" forum seeing as we seem to be discussing an Ubuntu derivative.

Beans

yes. I thought it might work better for me. I would rather just keep what I have now if I could figure out how to make it work again.