Thread: SoftPerfect WiFi Guard or similar for Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

SoftPerfect WiFi Guard or similar for Ubuntu

It seems SoftPerfect WiFi Guard not longer supports Linux, is there any open source apps similar to see who's connected to my wifi?
    Thanks for your comments/suggestions, it's much appreciated.
    Michael

Beans

Re: SoftPerfect WiFi Guard or similar for Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbr View Post
    It seems SoftPerfect WiFi Guard not longer supports Linux, is there any open source apps similar to see who's connected to my wifi?
    Hi,
    I did GUI app (http://wifiguard.cz) for the terminal program arp-scan two years ago. I hope it helps.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jkmas View Post
    Hi,
    I did GUI app (http://wifiguard.cz) for the terminal program arp-scan two years ago. I hope it helps.
    Thanks so much for your reply jkmas, it worked beautifully, just one additional question as newbie, how do I create a desktop shortcut? The way that I know is either copy the file or create a link and copy the link to the desktop, but neither one worked. Thanks again for your help.
    Michael

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbr View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply jkmas, it worked beautifully, just one additional question as newbie, how do I create a desktop shortcut? The way that I know is either copy the file or create a link and copy the link to the desktop, but neither one worked. Thanks again for your help.
    Yes, i know. I had a problem with linking the path to the directory, in which the application runs. Therefore it is not possible to create a desktop shortcut. But you can simply drag WifiGuard.desktop (the launcher of app) to the Ubuntu´s Unity left launcher bar - you will see a new icon with question mark and with title "WifiGuard". It is the only possible way to do it, i am sorry about it.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jkmas View Post
    Yes, i know. I had a problem with linking the path to the directory, in which the application runs. Therefore it is not possible to create a desktop shortcut. But you can simply drag WifiGuard.desktop (the launcher of app) to the Ubuntu´s Unity left launcher bar - you will see a new icon with question mark and with title "WifiGuard". It is the only possible way to do it, i am sorry about it.
    Thanks so much for your reply and explanation, I'll be waiting for next release with additional features, thanks for your excellent work.
    Michael