Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thumbs down Works on edgy!

Using Edgy, this worked EXACTLY as described in the original thread! God Bless You Hacker!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

Bleah! I signed up to have private messages emailed to me but I don't get any email! Frustrating. Sorry I haven't checked this thread in quite a while.

Anyway, I'll try attaching my scripts again and maybe it will work this time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lordmundi View Post
    Question: I finally got the client to connect and work in my VMWare virtual machine of ubuntu, but as soon as it connected, the whole OS seemed to lock up.. and I think it may be because everything is getting routed through that adapter, and since I rely on NFS for my home dir and NIS for auth, that is probably killing it right?

Anybody else have this problem? So my question is (and I suppose people might want this even if they weren't having this problem), how do I selectively route to this java adapter/client instead of it redirecting everything to that adapter?
    The system will automatically create a virtual IP interface using tun, then set up routes to send the VPN-bound traffic to the new interface. It will also reset /etc/resolv.conf so that your DNS server is pointing to the server over the VPN, so you can resolve local addresses inside the VPN.

Either of these things may be causing you to have problems. If the connect is not working properly, or if it throws some kind of invalid value into /etc/resolv.conf, then you won't be able to resolve any hostnames and that can often make it look like your system is locked up. Check the contents of /etc/resolv.conf and make sure that the address(es) there for "nameserver" are accessible (you can try pinging them).

Also, if your remote site is using an overlapping IP address space, then you could have problems (although I don't think your system should lock up). For example, on my home network I'm using the common 196.168.* class B range. However, my work internal network also uses that same class B range (this is kind of bogus but...) Now all traffic that I want to send to my local systems will instead get routed through the VPN. Not good. To fix this I modified my local LAN to use one of the other reserved IP address spaces.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ariel View Post
    Hi madscientist, could you make Juniper "Network Connect" work with Edgy? If so can you update this howto? For the scripts, instead of attachments how about a simple copy/paste on a port here ?
    It works fine with Edgy, using the same directions. I don't recall needing to do anything different.

I was able to get the attachment to work finally; check post #12 for this thread.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by nikoli View Post
    I get this error when trying to connect...

That didn't help much and now I'm kinda stuck here
    Hm. that library is provided as part of the network connect package. Try using the scripts attached in post #12 and following the directions. Make sure you're not overriding LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your shell setup (~/.bashrc or similar).

I don't really have any other suggestions right now... .

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.10 Edgy

nikoli: I'm getting the same exact error as you. Did you ever figure out how to resolve it?

Beans

The Juniper didn't function at all before I found this thread so thanks y'all!

Got it to work using the main post on Edgy without any hassle.

My steps:
    1. RPM Updates:
    %%sudo aptitude install openssl libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 sun-java5-bin sun-java5-jre
    2. RPM fakery
    %%sudo ln -s /bin/true /usr/bin/rpm
    3. SSL Lib Setup - here the original post doesn't say where to create the link, so I assumed it was in the junpier's directory - ~/.juniper_networks/network_connect (This directory was created after my first attempt failed)
    %%sudo ln -s libssl.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/i686/cmov/libssl.so.0
    4. Login to the Juniper and launch. Type su pw when requested.

Beans

These fixes worked great in Edgy...sadly since carrying out a fresh install of Feisty it's completely broken and I cannot get it going again. I get as far as the java gui loading but it disappears after a couple of seconds and no connection is made.

Anyone get feisty working with network connect? I can't believe Juniper don't support linux a little better than this.

Beans
    Distro

I upgraded to Feisty last week and my Juniper connection works fine. Note that I upgraded rather than reinstalling, so this is really my previous installation that continues to work, rather than a brand new install.

Beans

Did anyone manage to get this working in some form on an amd64 feisty install?

I created a 32bit chroot for firefox anyways.. and followed the instructions there. I can get it to install, but it can't ever connect. Probably something that the ncsvc service is trying to do that doesn't work because it's a 32bit chroot running on a 64bit kernel?

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast