Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

Beans

Re: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

I had my vpn set up and running perfectly using mad scientist's msjnc script until one day when I had to change my wifi router. I maybe wrong, but thats when the problem started. At one point I had two routers, new and old connected on my network and somehow the DNS got messed up. At that point I was on VPN. I added a new router along with the old router and a few hours into it, I could not browse anymore. I started debugging and slowly i found that the VPN UI would simply say connected but there was no exchange of data. I killed the VPN session to find out that I still had no connection to the n/w. I could ping an IP address but could not ping the server name as google.com. Thats when I realized the /etc/resolv.conf somehow got messed up. Reading through forums I deleted /etc/resolv.conf and I was now able to connect back to the n/w and browse but the VPN is still broken. The ncsvc.logs dont show anything happening either, absolutely no prints except for a whole bunch of kill pid. Not sure when the kill happens because there is no time stamp next to it, but I am thinking it probably happens when I shut down the machine. And since then, when I open the msjnc script the GUI says its connected since then with 0 bytes of data going thru. And obviously ifconfig shows local ip address.
    Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Beans

Hi All,

I was receiving the error

20120721135124.534406 ncui[p4463.t4493] ncui.error Got signal 17 (ncui.cpp:278).

Basically the java connect applet was starting the crashing after 2 seconds.

But the i found juniper had wiped out my /etc/resolv.conf. So ran the following line to fix the issue.

sudo cp /etc/jnpr-nc-hosts.bak /run/resolvconf/resolv.conf

Beans

It is known that Juniper Network Connect VPN client sometimes screws up /etc/resolv.conf.

After disconnecting from the VPN, run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure resolvconf" to restore the symbolic link /etc/resolv.conf -> ../run/resolvconf/resolv.conf and update the contents.

Ref: http://askubuntu.com/questions/15615...ns-resolutions

Beans

Has anyone got this working on Ubuntu 12.04, network_connect 7.4 using two factor authentication(PIN+RSA key and ldap password). I've managed to get the client to run using junipernc(tnx MS) and properly prompts me for my PIN+RSA key number. However it continually fails with the following IVE error:

20130304220920.536039 ncui[p16215.t16240] dsclient.error state welcome state failed, error 2 (dsclient.cpp:284)
    20130304220920.536496 ncui[p16215.t16240] ncapp.error Failed to connect/authenticate with IVE. Error 2 (ncapp.cpp:179)

Beans

Today the juniper client stopped working on my 12.10 64bit system.
    Until now, I've started a VPN connection with the ncsvc command like:
    sudo /home/tsc/.juniper_networks/network_connect/ncsvc -h vpn.company.com -u tsc -p secret -r "Company User" -f /home/tsc/saved.crt -L 5
    It worked perfectly until today.
    Now the command runs without an error message but returns to the prompt after 2 seconds and VPN doesn't work.
    On my other notebook I have the same setup and juniper VPN works

Beans

Many thanks. That's an ingenious shell script, no mucking with the update alternatives stuff (which did not work for me anyway). The script worked like a charm.

Beans

Hello y'all

i've been trying to get the juniper client working on mint 14 and fedora for a long time now, with and without mad scientist's script (which rocks btw!), but still: no success....
    The furthest i get is: i launch the script and it connects fine. Up until 1 minute or so i am able to connect and ping any server, but then the connection just stalls. I can still see bytes being sent out, but nothing comes back. Weird.
    If i connect through chrome 32 bits (on my 64 bit machine), i get the same result, but the connection ends up lasting a bit longer, 5 minutes or so.

anyone has any ideas? If this persist i'll be forced to convert my work-laptop to windows again NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I use Ubuntu 12.04 (32-bit). I have been able to use a Juniper client ever since I switched to Sun Java. Here are the directions I follow every time there is a Java update. So far (fingers crossed) I continue to be able to connect.

https://sites.google.com/site/easyli...e-Sun-Java-JRE

Sounds though like you may have a deeper issue in that you can initially establish a connection, that then degrades. I needed Sun Java just to establish a connection at all.

Beans

Re: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu 13.04

The latest version of openjdk and icedtea plugin work with Juniper VPN. Removing older and other versions of Java may also help.

See Could anyone provide a step by step for getting juniper netconnect and citrix?

This is one place where I found command line works better than the Ubuntu Software Center

First remove older versions of Java, both Oracle (Sun) and OpenJDK. For example, if you have OpenJDK 6 installed, type in a terminal:

Code:
    sudo apt-get remove openjdk-6-jdk icedtea-6-plugin
    Remove the Sun Java as well. If you have installed just the JRE, rather than JDK change the commands accordingly. Then install the OpenJDK-7 and corresponding plugin by:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk icedtea-7-plugin
    Open Firefox and test the version of Java is being used by going to this site http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

If you see version 7 is running, you are ready to try Juniper VPN. If not you may have to remove the other version of Java. Hope this helps.

For 64bit Ubuntu

From 7.3 onwards, Juniper SA devices support 64-bit Ubuntu for Network Connect.

First, install the 64bit jre/jdk and icedtea

Code:
    sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre icedtea-7-plugin
    Second, install the 32bit jre

Code:
    sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre:i386
    Note, do not install the 32bit icedtea. Make sure the 64bit is the default java. As long as the 32bit jre exists, Juniper will find the files it needs and run.

Tested on Ubuntu 13.04 64bit.

See Juniper Network Knowledge-base for details.

Also see Juniper setup in Ask Ubuntu

Beans

I have am having difficulties with this for some reason. I followed the instructions on Mad Scientists website, when it comes to running msjnc in the terminal I click connect and am prompted for my password, status briefly shows as connecting then disconnected.

I setup a profile, entering only three pieces of info:

Username: username I use to log into the web page where I downloaded the jar file from
    Server/url: url for the web page where I downloaded the jar file from (or should this be the name of the machine I am trying to connect to? Tried that too)
    Realm: I viewed the source for above webpage and search for realm, and copied and pasted the relevent text into this field, don't know if that's correct.

I also ticked securid.

Then I click OK, enter password when prompted and connect, but get a status of disconnected,

I am using Lubuntu 13.04.

Anybody have any ideas?

Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast