Beans

Re: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

I made a mistake. Let me correct that..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Sudheesh View Post
    OK.. Situation improved. I can see the network launching progress bar in the firefox , and even though the progress bar reaches the end, network connect is not getting launched.

Script looks like this now.

#!/bin/sh
    exec 2>/tmp/java.err.$$
    tee /tmp/java.out.$$ | /xxx/java-keepme "$@"
    That's good.

I see a new process like the below.
    /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/
    lib/i386/../../bin/java sun.applet.PluginMain /tmp/icedteaplugin-sudhi/7970-iced
    teanp-plugin-to-appletviewer /tmp/icedteaplugin-sudhi/7970-icedteanp-appletviewe
    r-to-plugin

which was missing when the network connect is running properly?
    Hm. Well, we're on the bleeding edge here so in a way I'm not surprised that it's having problems. However, have you looked at the content of the /tmp/java.err* and /tmp/java.out* files? That's really what we're trying to get here. Even if the system doesn't come up we might find some interesting stuff there. Anything?

Be sure you're looking at the right ones; there may be more than one.
    "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist

Beans

All the java .err and .out files are empty ( size 0 ).

When I execute java-keep-me from command prompt, it runs propery and exit after showing the command line options..

When I run java ( script ), it runs properly by showing command line options but doesn't exit on its own. I need to press enter for exit..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

All the java .err and .out files are empty ( size 0 ).

When I execute java-keep-me from command prompt, it runs propery and exit after showing the command line options..

When I run java ( script ), it runs properly by showing command line options but doesn't exit on its own. I need to press enter for exit..
    Well, my assumption might have been wrong in the first place. Maybe it's not waiting for something from stdin.

One thing you can try is changing the script like this:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    tee /tmp/java.out.$$ | (sleep 2; /xxx/java-keepme "$@")
    I'm not saying that will be any better but it might be (based on some experiments I performed here). See if you get any content in the .out file in this case.

Unfortunately, if you don't then I don't know what it's waiting for. Since I don't have that version of the software, I don't really have any good ideas about where to go next.
    "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question Re: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN (Lucid Lynx)

I'd love to try this but once I try to connect to the VPN in order to download Juniper Connect, I get this message:

"You do not have permission to login. Please contact your administrator."

Well, I contacted my administrator and he said that we don't support Linux distributions. They suggested I just use a dual boot system with Windows on it.

Is there any way that I can get the software to install on Ubuntu besides the one outlined in the directions?

Beans

Dear madscientist,

Some additional info, which I should have given earlier.

As I mentioned earlier this is the command that gets executed successfully if I launch then network connect from web interface.

/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre/bin/java -classpathhome/sudhi/.juniper_networks/network_connect/NC.jar NC -h vpn.tridentmicro.com -n -t -x

When I run the above, I get the following messages in the terminal. I get a network connect GUI also.

"Searching for ncsvc in current working directory
    Searching for ncsvc in /home/sudhi/.juniper_networks/network_connect done.
    [>/home/sudhi/.juniper_networks/network_connect/ncsvc<] [>-l<] [>3<] [>-n<] [>-t<] [>-x<] indx = 4
    reading form stdin ..
    No data within 30 seconds.
    Password:"

After 30 seconds if I enter the vpn password, I get the following error messages ( a window will get popped up saying invalid parametsrs )

"usage: ncui -h host -u user -p passwd -r realm -f cert_file [-l log_level] [-L log_level]
    ncui -h host -c cookies -f cert_file [-l log_level] [-L log_level] [-U sign_in_url]
    ncui -v
    log_level : 0 : Log Critical messages only
    1 : Log Critital and Error messages
    2 : Log Critital, Error and Warning messages
    3 : Log Critital, Error, Warning and Info messages(default)
    4 : Log All Verbose messages
    5 : Log All messages"

I tried with the new script which is given below. I do not any java.out and err files now in /tmp.

#!/bin/sh
    tee /tmp/java.out.$$ | (sleep 2; /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.20/jre/bin/java-k
    eepme "$@")

regards,
    Sudheesh.

Beans

Dear All,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 (32 bit). I tried to use Juniper Network Connect VPN. Although, I implement all necessary steps such as Java installation, I could not figure out to run the NC, properly. Every time, I start the NC, I am getting "Session timeout" error. How can I solve this problem?

Best regards.

Beans

I have solved the problem with the following way. For more details see the webpage http://www.juniperforum.com/index.php?topic=10394.0

Uninstall OpenJDK. Because OpenJDK/Juniper incompatibility causing "Session timed out" error.
    Install Sun-Java.

Quote Originally Posted by gkirlik View Post
    Dear All,

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 (32 bit). I tried to use Juniper Network Connect VPN. Although, I implement all necessary steps such as Java installation, I could not figure out to run the NC, properly. Every time, I start the NC, I am getting "Session timeout" error. How can I solve this problem?

Best regards.

Beans

Bah. This has been working fine for me on 8.04 and NC 6.5 for the longest time, but sometime after 10.04, it has stopped working for me. I'm not sure if it was just the upgrade or something else I've done. Here's the error message I'm getting:

"A version conflict occured [sic] between the target application and the applet. Please contact your system administrator. (Error condition SL0x12)"

I don't really understand the error message-- what's the target application? Is this a java version issue? I did have OpenJDK on there, but have removed it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi,

I had been getting the "session timeout" error under 9.04. WIth not much to lose I recently upgraded to 9.10, now I get a "setup failed, sorry" in the bottom left of the browser when I try and launch. I am going to try the steps posted above (this is a very useful thread), but does anyone know what is responsible for the setup error?

I also decided to try and just download the software and set it up myself so I get a bit more control/can see errors.
    I downloaded ncui-6.5R2.i386.rpm and unpacked all ok. However when I try and run ncsvc I get the following:
    Code:
    mkdir(/root/.juniper_networks) failed: Permission denied
    I should point out that I am su at this point.

ncdiag gives output which I can post if need be

Any help much appreciated - I will try the steps in above posts tonight

Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast