Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thunderbird-Folders & accounts, but no emails after upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Thunderbird-Folders & accounts, but no emails after upgrade

Perhaps you should try moving your thunderbird profile out of the way (rename it to .thunderbird_old), start thunderbird so it creates a fresh profile. Then copy your email from the "Local Folders" to the "Local Folders" of the new profile. Chances are you will now see your mail, although you will have to reconfigure your accounts. Something else may have gone havoc in your old profile.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thank you for your suggestions and help. I did try that and it did not work.

I just tried: cp -Lr [OLD LOCATION] [NEW LOCATION] It did not work.

I was thinking there is a file for the mail database that has a relative link. It can't find the path in the new install.
    Last edited by SoFl W; May 21st, 2016 at 02:16 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I had given up on this, today I decided to give it one more try. The problem was the "local directory" option in the 'Server Settings" of the 'Account Settings' was pointing to the old (non-existent) directory.

During this struggle the original drive had failed so I figured any chances to get this resolved were lost. Once I corrected the path to the current drive it started to load messages from the current file and download new messages from the server. A few small problems, small corruptions in the folders but everything seems to be working.

To anyone else unfortunate to have this problem check to see if the program is pointing to the correct location of the file. Check account settings ->Server settings ->local directory/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

I'm glad you were finally able to resolve this problem. Could you please mark your thread 'Solved' under Thread Tools at the top of the page? It will help others who might be having the same problem. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12