Thread: DVDStyler on 16.04

Beans

DVDStyler on 16.04

I am trying to compile DVDStyler 2.9.6 from Sourceforge on my new System76 laptop. There is an issue with wxWidgets:
    ./configure
    wxWidgets media library (libwx_gtk2u_media) is missing. However, "libwx_gtk2u_media-3.0.so.0 -> libwx_gtk2u_media-3.0.so.0.2.0" is on my system. Does anyone have advice on how to deal with this?

Beans

Re: DVDStyler on 16.04

Not sure why that's an issue, it will build fine just using libwxgtk-media3.0-dev & libwxgtk3.0-dev
    However it won't build at all on 16.04 due to wxsvg being removed from Ubuntu.
    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=813151
    A test here a while back produced a working dvdstyler for 16.04 but menus did not show or work correctly in players.
    I had noticed this in 14.04 where a dvdstyler with wsvg built on ffmpeg produced some bad menus but wsvg built on libav11 worked fine.

Edit: made some changes from previous test, took a bit to build. A test ppa is here, note that it only exist for about a week.
    It seems to be ok though I don't work with dvd material much anymore so only took a cursory look.
    If desired add the ppa & test. If ok I'll move the packages to a more permanent ppa, otherwise will just get rid of..
    https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archive/ubuntu/check1
    Last edited by mc4man; May 14th, 2016 at 04:03 PM. Reason: test builds

Beans

Thank you Doug. It installed quickly and I will test it out soon. I will be creating content in NTSC format in 16:9 aspect ratio.

Beans

I just tried it on my Ubuntu Mate 16.04 system and it works great! Thanks!

Beans

I've been using dvdstyler from the ppa for a while now and it mostly works great. One annoyance I'm noticing is that when entering text for a button or text box the editing keys don't work - no backspace/delete or back and forth arrows. They just don't do anything. I'm finding the only way to correct a typo is to highlight the offending character(s) with a mouse and hit the keyboard to replace. Anyone else seeing this problem?