Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help, I can't edit my help pages

Beans
    Hidden!

Help, I can't edit my help pages

I was granted membership in the etherpad group, and it made me able to edit my pages at help.ubuntu.com/community. But yesterday it stopped working for me. I want to edit the page about the One Button Installer

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OBI

and I was asked to log in. The boxes for Ubuntu membership and Etherpad membership are ticked, and I try to log in via Ubuntu One as usual. But I arrive at a not yet existing page without getting logged in. See the attached file.

• Has something changed recently?
    • Am I doing something wrong?
    • Is it working for you?
    • Can you help me, please

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Help, I can't edit my help pages

Hi sudodus, the help wiki is un-editable for me too at the moment so I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to edit. In fact I can't even log in now.

I learned yesterday how spammers are able to gain access to the wiki even with the additional checks currently in place. I won't post the link but if you know where to look you'll see that the wiki is currently under a spam attack. It's strange that they can access and edit the wiki but we can't.

Edit: I changed PC and refreshed the page a few times and I can now edit.
    Last edited by PaulW2U; May 7th, 2016 at 09:18 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks Paul,

I'll try your method.

Edit: I tried in two different computers behind the same router (as my main computer). It does not work for me. I arrive at the same not yet existing page without getting logged in

I guess it means waiting for weeks again, and in the meantime prepare some changes and ask you or some other guru, who can manage to log in and edit help pages to upload the changes.
    Last edited by sudodus; May 7th, 2016 at 11:01 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

We just had to lock down the wikis again today because it was being overrun by spammers who have gotten more insidious and malicious. Plus they've been essentially mail-bombing the team admins with requests to join the team to edit the wiki, I woke up with well over 100 emails in my inbox from these fraudulent accounts.

We're going to work with Canonical IS to find a way to work past this, but I'm a volunteer and so are all the other doc team members, it may take some time to get this all in a workable state again
    Elizabeth Krumbach // pleia2 // lyz@ubuntu.com
    http://princessleia.com

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks for explaining, elizabeth,

Good luck with your important task to get things right again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Yes .. same thing here. i can edit the ubuntu.com.help wikis but I cannot edit the U+1 wiki which I am an admin of. Also the ether.pad option in SSO is gone. I posted this resolution center so I'll ask to have it moved here..

Regards..

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Yes .. same thing here. i can edit the ubuntu.com.help wikis but I cannot edit the U+1 wiki which I am an admin of.
    When Canonical IS "locked down" the wikis they removed edit access for those in the ~ubuntu-etherpad Launchpad group. For those in the ~ubuntumembers group there should have been no change.

@sududos, @ventrical, you should still able able to edit both wikis. If you can't then there must be something about your Launchpad profile that needs looking in to.

Beans
    Hidden!

I could edit both the Ubuntu wiki pages and the Ubuntu help pages for years. The problems started in January (or was it December?). Then after some weeks, you and some other people tried hard to help me, and finally I was given necessary permissions and understood that I had to log out and log in again to make it work. But now those permissions and tricks logging out and in, and refreshing the pages do not help.

I think I have only been able to edit the Ubuntu wiki pages with the permissions by ubuntumembers, not the Ubuntu help pages.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    I could edit both the Ubuntu wiki pages and the Ubuntu help pages for years. The problems started in January (or was it December?). Then after some weeks, you and some other people tried hard to help me, and finally I was given necessary permissions and understood that I had to log out and log in again to make it work. But now those permissions and tricks logging out and in, and refreshing the pages do not help.

I think I have only been able to edit the Ubuntu wiki pages with the permissions by ubuntumembers, not the Ubuntu help pages.
    No way I can get in. yesterday it was working great .. and now ..a s I said ..ether.pad instance is gone from SSO login greeter.

As Elizabeth said .. may take days..

Beans
    Distro

This morning all I get is spin-wheel when I try to log on. Looks to be in bad shape.. at least from this end.

Regards..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast