Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help, I can't edit my help pages

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Help, I can't edit my help pages

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW2U View Post
    Anyone wanting to follow the progress on the resolution of this matter can follow the #ubuntu-community-team IRC channel.

it's a problem that has been acknowledged as being in need of an urgent resolution.

http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2016/06/02...nity-team.html is the current URL for the IRC logs.

You'll need to adjust the URL for the IRC logs of later dates than 2nd June. As I type this I see that the logs are a couple of hours behind.
    @paulw2u

I just remembered that I had wiki privlidges before I became an Ubuntu Member. All I had to do was join the U+1 team!! So perhaps those who cannot use the wiki edit can just try to join U+1, I'll approve them and they can edit wiki.

Regards..

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Bouwense View Post
    paulW2U: To answer your question as to why I am not a member already. I have no answer. I never found the need to become one before. Just plodding along helping people where I can never required membership. Membership in a LoCo never required it and of course neither did membership in a LUG.

sudodus: Since I am not going to edit help pages, perhaps Ubuntu membership alone will allow me to edit our Team wiki pages and submit the required reports. If not I will wait it out like the rest of my peers.
    Rex,

Just try joining U+1.
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/U+1/recruitment

After you sign Ubuntu Code of Conduct and I or Cariboo approve your request you will be able to edit wikis!

Regards..

Beans
    Distro

@rex..

I added you to U+1 team. If you sign the Code of Conduct you should be able to edit the wikis.

Regards..

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW2U View Post
    Anyone wanting to follow the progress on the resolution of this matter can follow the #ubuntu-community-team IRC channel.

it's a problem that has been acknowledged as being in need of an urgent resolution.

http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2016/06/02...nity-team.html is the current URL for the IRC logs.

You'll need to adjust the URL for the IRC logs of later dates than 2nd June. As I type this I see that the logs are a couple of hours behind.
    Yes .. all one need to do is join U+1 and sign the Code of Conduct. Do not have to be a member. Could you put this up on irc please !

Beans
    Distro

Just an update.

Something got fixed! I can now edit wikis while I am signed into both accounts.

Bravo

Regards..

Beans
    Distro

I am just putting these attachments up here because I could not send them PM.

How to get to U+1 help wiki.

Click the link in the box 'U+1' that is immediately right of the purple box.

Regards..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I want to thank you people for trying to assist me after I sort of hijacked this thread. Thank you Ventricle for making me a member of U+1 and the advice given by Sudodus and paulw2u. I have already signed the Code of Conduct (back on 4 April 2014). I have logged out of everything Ubuntu and logged back in and am still unable to to edit a single wiki page. I do understand about the spamming situation but am a bit frustrated. I will proceed with my request to become a Ubuntu member and see if that solves my problem.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans
    Hidden!

Just to cheer you up Rex: I can edit the Ubuntu wiki pages, but not the Ubuntu help pages. Ventrical tried hard to help me without success today, and after that I have asked a forum administrator to help me. I will keep you informed ...

Beans
    Distro

Rex,Sudodus and all,

My apologies. It appears my suggestion will not work. I want to thank Sudodus for working with me on this most of the morning. I thought if anybody could fix this it would be him

From what I gather it may take some time and might have to be done manually.

Elizabeth had informed me on May 13th that:

I've been keeping the ubuntu-doc mailing list updated with this and
    other status: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-doc/2016-May/019896.html

If you need edits made, signing up for and emailing that mailing list
    with proposed changes is your best option.

Canonical IS (who manages the wikis) is open to working with the
    Ubuntu Doc team on finding a new solution to combat these spammers,
    but the Doc team is all volunteers (...<snip>...) and it may take some time to come up with a plan.

so I believe that any access granted has to go through Canonical IS manually.

At least this is just my own assumption.

Again .. my apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast