Thread: Asus Q553 Keyboard - disable

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Asus Q553 Keyboard - disable

My friend has an Asus Q553 2-in1 PC, currently running Ubuntu 16.04. Everything works great except that when you fold the screen over to use it as a tablet the keyboard doesn't turn off, and so random buttons are constantly being pushed.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Education is what is left when you have forgotten all the facts. -Francis Bacon

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Asus Q553 Keyboard - disable

Is this a request for help? Or just letting us know?
    Kind Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Both? I've spent a couple hours searching for similar issues with no success, not sure if I/we are simply missing something in settings, or something else entirely.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe

Education is what is left when you have forgotten all the facts. -Francis Bacon

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyRose View Post
    Both? I've spent a couple hours searching for similar issues with no success, not sure if I/we are simply missing something in settings, or something else entirely.
    Yep i see what you mean nothing out there for this yet!
    Now I am not 100% sure on this, but try keyboard combo....<FN> and then<F7> if that don't work try <F8> or <F9> with the ,<FN> Keys
    Fingers Crossed..