Thread: licensing issue

Hybrid View

Beans
    Hidden!

licensing issue

Forum user Kilz has posted a binary of Swiftfox that he is hosting on his web server. It is posted on Ubuntu forums at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202537 and Swiftfox is not freely distributable as a binary. Per the MPL as stated at http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/mpl-faq.html and specifically the part that says "You may distribute any binaries you create under a license of your choosing, as long as it doesn't interfere with the recipients' right to the source under the MPL [3.6]." I am not under any obligation to allow Kilz to distribute Swiftfox. My only obligation under the MPL that governs Firefox source code is to provide him a source package which is freely distributable. I will be providing a link to Kilz for the Swiftfox source package within 12 hours and have requested that he remove the binary from his web server. Any assistance the Ubuntu forum staff can provide in assuring this request is followed through on would be greatly appreciated.

Beans

Re: licensing issue

Please post the link to your binary here; if the thread isnt updated within 48 hours we will manually change it.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: licensing issue

I would like to thank the Ubuntu forum staff for their time regarding this matter. The source code package has been made available online and I hope this issue will now come to a close. I also am hopeful that Kilz will not continue harrassing me as he seems intent on doing. That is a different issue than this topic addresses though. Please have a nice day!