Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can no longer connect to windows shared folder after software update ubuntu 15.10

Beans

Can no longer connect to windows shared folder after software update ubuntu 15.10

Hi guys

I am going mad here. After a software update I can no longer connect to my shared folders on my windows desktop. I use the Ubuntu computer as a media center by my flatscreen, and have all the media stored on a external drive by the windows desktop. The windows computer has been setup to share the folders with everyone on the network, and without password.
    Before yesterday (the software update in ubuntu) i could easyli connect to the windows share via the networks tab in the file browser. But now it asks for credentials, but will not accept the credintials of my windows user. Tried installing kodi and se if that would help, same prblem. It does not accept the credentials. Have tried to connect to it as a server in file browser, same problem it does not accept the credentials. Tried reinstaliing windows 10, no change.
    From my andrid devices I can still acces the shares via the ES file app witout any issues and without having to put in any credentials at all. Seems like the ubuntu software update messed it all up.

Any ideas on a fix??

Beans

Re: Can no longer connect to windows shared folder after software update ubuntu 15.10

There has obviously been something that broke Samba in the 4.3.8 update... there are all sorts of threads about it....

This one showed a possible fix:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2320960

It did not work for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Can no longer connect to windows shared folder after software update ubuntu 15.10

Did not work for me either

Beans

Same problem. If you install a fresh copy of ubuntu and update you can no longer connect to windows shared folder. It asks for credentials

Beans

I have the same problem. After updating Samba i cannot access share folders in windows stations. I' m using Ubuntu 14.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Ronk View Post
    There has obviously been something that broke Samba in the 4.3.8 update... there are all sorts of threads about it....

This one showed a possible fix:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2320960

It did not work for me.
    I don't even have the security = share in my smb.conf file.... So not working for me either....

And to make it even more confusing, I have another Ubuntu laptop which has not been updated and can still acces the windows share. I copied the smb.conf file from that laptop, put it in the other one which could not acces the windows share but no luck. Still cannot access the windows share from the updated computer.
    So maybe it isn't the smb.conf file thats makes the problem, but something else in the latest update!!

Any ideas??????
    Last edited by howefield; April 20th, 2016 at 06:36 PM. Reason: posts combined.

Beans

I did the same thing with the same result. This is definitely a bug, but I don't know how to submit it...

Beans

I'm having the same issue, thankfully I have an non-updated VM running an install of Ubuntu Desktop that I can still push Unison data synchronizations through with. While I'm not new to LINUX I'm still struggling to learn my way around with terminal commands, so does anyone know of a way to roll back an update? Don't know if this helps, but I'm trying to link to a Mac OS X data share.

Beans

In a way Im happy Im not alone. Exactly same problems. I posted a question on askubuntu.com, but no replies yet.
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/75956...-for-passwords

I hope someone figures out how To solve it! It's making work really unconfortable ay the office.

Beans

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast