Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to connect to another Ubuntu machine that using the same router but LAN to WLAN

Beans

Re: How to connect to another Ubuntu machine that using the same router but LAN to WL

"MultiAP Isolation" option was enabled in wifi section of my router, thats the reason behind no ping between lan to wlan, I disabled that option and created one normal user on each machine, added the lines for local ip series like "sshd: 192.168.5." & "vsftpd: 192.168.5." in /etc/hosts.allow file as DHCP is enabled in router otherwise for a static ip, I could add the specific ip in hosts.allow rules. And added "ALL: ALL" in /etc/hosts.deny file to prevent any other connection other than from the desired ones and used "Remmina" through "sftp protocol" to login to the other machine and exchanged files, it worked!
    Last edited by pavlushka; April 24th, 2016 at 07:14 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: How to connect to another Ubuntu machine that using the same router but LAN to WL

Thank you for sharing your solution and marking the thread as solved. Well done persisting and digging that up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12