Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't launch Seamonkey: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Can't launch Seamonkey: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file

Ok, sorry to waste people's time but a future traveler may gain something from our discussion. Now it really is solved, in a round about way, by using Libreoffice for what I'm wanting to do.

Working on a uni submission due at the end of the year. I'm going to include audio/video linked directly from the text-based digital document. Uni requires a hard copy of text-based submission with any digital media on a disk (no USBs) as well as a digital version of the text-based submission as a PDF. So I was going to request permission to submit a self-contained html (can't be online) which links to video clips (which are essential to the research).

Turns out if I put hyperlinks into the Libreoffice document and export as a PDF, the links work perfectly in the PDF also. This includes links to local video files. The link automatically opens them in VLC, and I'm presuming the same would happen with the default media player on a Windows or Mac machine. Yes, I'll have to be careful with the link details, but do-able once I get my head around it.

Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; April 15th, 2016 at 04:32 PM.

Beans

Another way to check is to enter about:buildconfig in the address bar and then press enter. I see
    Code:
    about:buildconfig
    Source

Built from http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release/rev/e8bb3550be0f344804a13cc7aa268b91a9154e93
    Build platform
    target
    x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
    Build tools
    Compiler 	Version 	Compiler flags
    /usr/bin/ccache /builds/slave/rel-c-rel-lnx64-bld/build/gcc/bin/gcc 	4.7.3 	-Wall -Wempty-body -Wpointer-to-int-cast -Wsign-compare -Wtype-limits -Wno-unused -Wcast-align -std=gnu99 -fgnu89-inline -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-math-errno -pthread -pipe
    /usr/bin/ccache /builds/slave/rel-c-rel-lnx64-bld/build/gcc/bin/g++ 	4.7.3 	-Wall -Wempty-body -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsign-compare -Wwrite-strings -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wcast-align -fno-exceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-rtti -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -fno-math-errno -std=gnu++0x -pthread -D_GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI=0 -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -g -freorder-blocks -Os -fomit-frame-pointer
    Configure arguments

--enable-crashreporter --enable-release --enable-elf-hack --enable-stdcxx-compat --enable-default-toolkit=cairo-gtk2 --enable-application=suite --enable-optimize --enable-update-channel=release --enable-update-packaging --disable-debug --enable-tests --with-ccache=/usr/bin/ccache --with-external-source-dir=/builds/slave/rel-c-rel-lnx64-bld/build
    I used https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...x86_64.tar.bz2 as the source and installed it locally.
    Last edited by vasa1; April 15th, 2016 at 04:47 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Yep. Identical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12