Thread: Install of Epson XP-200 Printer/Scanner

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Install of Epson XP-200 Printer/Scanner

Hello,

I am using Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 and when attempting to install the detected XP-200 printer connected via USB, the driver install never finishes. I let it go for about 45 minutes and it never installed. I downloaded the driver (DEB) for it and the same occurs after downloading the printer. I restarted the OS between the OS detection and installed the DEB file. No printer installed. I restarted the OS again and still no printer installed. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Beans

Re: Install of Epson XP-200 Printer/Scanner

Quote Originally Posted by windowsfree View Post
    Hello,

I am using Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 and when attempting to install the detected XP-200 printer connected via USB, the driver install never finishes. I let it go for about 45 minutes and it never installed. I downloaded the driver (DEB) for it and the same occurs after downloading the printer. I restarted the OS between the OS detection and installed the DEB file. No printer installed. I restarted the OS again and still no printer installed. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    I had the same problem. However I discovered that the printer appeared in the list of available Epson printers after the driver install was attempted. Picking it from the list installed it. Hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

I had similar problems using the epson-inkjet-printer-201112w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb in Mint 17.2 and discovered that the Epson installer expects the package "lsb" to be already installed and if it is not, the installer just hangs -- which sounds like what is happening to you.

I recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 and found that the packages that were already installed were lsb-base and lsb-release, so you might need these, instead.

Good Luck
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

lsb and lsb-release have been removed from Debian/Ubuntu Xenial base unfortunately.