Thread: [SOLVED] How Can I To Convert .iso file to .mkv format?

Beans

[SOLVED] How Can I To Convert .iso file to .mkv format?

Hi folks, I'm in search of an easy way to convert some .iso files I have to .mkv format. I tried tutorials using handbrake that I found online but for some odd reason they did not work correctly. I would highly prefer a program if there is one out there with a GUI as I am still not too confident in using command line apps. I'm still a bit of a noob

Thank you
    Last edited by jooge; March 27th, 2016 at 11:46 PM.

Beans

Re: How Can I To Convert .iso file to .mkv format?

Quote Originally Posted by jooge View Post
    Hi folks, I'm in search of an easy way to convert some .iso files I have to .mkv format. I tried tutorials using handbrake that I found online but for some odd reason they did not work correctly. I would highly prefer a program if there is one out there with a GUI as I am still not too confident in using command line apps. I'm still a bit of a noob

Thank you
    As much as I truly want to help you, your question is too general to answer specifically without more information, such as what kind of data is in the ISO. If you include more details, it is far more likely that myself or someone can provide the answer you need. I'm happy to try if you can explain a bit more please. =)

If the ISO images are of commercial DVDs or Blu-Rays, then I am sorry, but no one on the forums is allowed to help you. That would probably be violating copyright law in some way. We aren't permitted to discuss such things here in the forums under the Terms of Service.
    Last edited by T.J.; March 22nd, 2016 at 10:22 PM.
    T.J.

Beans

Oh ok. Well the iso came from a dvd that I bought a few yrs ago legit, but if it cant be done, plz disregard this thread then.

Beans

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by howefield View Post
    Just want I needed. Thank you kindly howefield

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by howefield View Post

In comment #8 on this link ^^^ They have a link where you can install MakeMKV. Here is what they say and where I get stuck:

Download both binary and source packages:
    http://www.makemkv.com/download/make...n-1.9.9.tar.gz
    http://www.makemkv.com/download/make...s-1.9.9.tar.gz

Make sure you have all required tools and libraries installed. You'll need GNU compiler and linker and header and library files for following libraries: glibc, openssl-0.9.8, zlib, expat, libavcodec, qt4 or qt5. You may use the following command to install all prerequisites on debian-based system like ubuntu:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential pkg-config libc6-dev libssl-dev libexpat1-dev libavcodec-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libqt4-dev
    Unpack both packages and starting from source package do the following steps:
    For makemkv-oss package:

Code:
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install

For makemkv-bin package:

Code:
    make
    sudo make install
    The application will be installed as "/usr/bin/makemkv".
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I installed the essential packages via terminal & also downloaded the 2 source pakages (.tar.gz) and extracted them. Being on the lower end of Linux know-how myself, I am stuck on:

For makemkv-oss package:

Code:
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install

For makemkv-bin package:

Code:
    make
    sudo make install
    Little help pretty please

Beans

Figured it out