Quote Originally Posted by svenakela View Post
Same laptop as OP, installation went on without problems but network is not working. Really stuck, can't figure out how to solve this one.

The Wifi is connected to the router according to the networking icon, no data is going through. If I reconnect to the router the network is ok for a few seconds and then new connections (as in TCP conns) are not accepted anymore. This means that I can't update Ubuntu because the Wifi will drop the connections and nothing will be downloaded. I tried with an external USB Wifi and ended up with the same result so I suspect that the problem is networking and not the card itself.
The network card seems to be working, no logs that relates to networking as far as I can see and the driver and firmware for the card is in place.
Network card is a Broadcom BCM43602
Driver brcmfmac version 7.35.177.61

I've been using the March 25 release of 16.04 Desktop amd64.
I've found the problem!
The IPv6 DNS (which is empty) was conflicting somehow with the IPv4 config. I disabled IPv6 for the connection and voilá!

Now I just need to get some bigger fonts and tweak the palm detection a little bit and this will be a killer machine!