Thread: Can't install (compile) mplayer 1.3.0

Beans

Can't install (compile) mplayer 1.3.0

hi everyone

i'm trying to install new version of mplayer on ubuntu 14.04, but there is no binary packages, so i thought maybe it won't be too hard to compile it from source

./configure worked fine, but when i try 'make' command there is error message in console:
    Code:
    ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(utils.o): In function `default_lockmgr_cb':
    utils.c:(.text+0x14e): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4'
    utils.c:(.text+0x1d2): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4'
    ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(utils.o): In function `av_register_hwaccel':
    utils.c:(.text+0x68f5): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4'
    ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(utils.o): In function `ff_lock_avcodec':
    utils.c:(.text+0x6a5a): undefined reference to `__sync_add_and_fetch_4'
    ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(utils.o): In function `ff_codec_open2_recursive':
    utils.c:(.text+0x81ef): undefined reference to `__sync_add_and_fetch_4'
    ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(utils.o): In function `avcodec_register':
    utils.c:(.text.unlikely+0xc2): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4'
    ffmpeg/libavformat/libavformat.a(format.o): In function `av_register_input_format':
    format.c:(.text+0x59): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4'
    ffmpeg/libavformat/libavformat.a(format.o): In function `av_register_output_format':
    format.c:(.text+0xa9): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4'
    ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(bitstream_filter.o): In function `av_register_bitstream_filter':
    bitstream_filter.c:(.text+0x39): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4'
    ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(parser.o): In function `av_register_codec_parser':
    parser.c:(.text+0x39): undefined reference to `__sync_val_compare_and_swap_4'
    ffmpeg/libavutil/libavutil.a(buffer.o): In function `buffer_replace':
    buffer.c:(.text+0x48): undefined reference to `__sync_add_and_fetch_4'
    ffmpeg/libavutil/libavutil.a(buffer.o): In function `pool_release_buffer':
    buffer.c:(.text+0xb9): undefined reference to `__sync_add_and_fetch_4'
    ffmpeg/libavutil/libavutil.a(buffer.o): In function `av_buffer_unref':
    buffer.c:(.text+0x40e): undefined reference to `__sync_add_and_fetch_4'
    ffmpeg/libavutil/libavutil.a(buffer.o): In function `av_buffer_make_writable':
    buffer.c:(.text+0x550): undefined reference to `__sync_add_and_fetch_4'
    ffmpeg/libavutil/libavutil.a(buffer.o): In function `av_buffer_realloc':
    buffer.c:(.text+0x6c4): undefined reference to `__sync_add_and_fetch_4'
    ffmpeg/libavutil/libavutil.a(buffer.o):buffer.c:(.text+0x88f): more undefined references to `__sync_add_and_fetch_4' follow
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
    can anyone help me with this problem please?

upd: solved, thanks for your replies!
    Last edited by samp-rp-fan; March 14th, 2016 at 11:57 AM. Reason: don't wanna bump this thread (idk how it works here, but anyway)

Beans

Re: Can't install (compile) mplayer 1.3.0

I recommend just using the packages in Doug McMahon's PPA for Trusty: https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archi...u/trusty-media

You might want to give mpv a try, since it is the successor to mplayer.

Did you run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep mplayer
    first before compiling? That will install any needed libraries and header files.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: Can't install (compile) mplayer 1.3.0

Not sure what you mean by mplayer 1.3.0, typically to build you'd do a svn checkout, then when configuring mplayer would retrieve the latest ffmpeg git.
    Your errors seem to be from incompatible ffmpeg & mplayer.

If you want a new mplayer for trusty & don't care about mencoder then see here -
    https://launchpad.net/~mc3man/+archi...u/mplayer-test

Only updated now every rare once & a while as mplayer isn't being that actively developed any more & myself prefer mpv.